Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

More from "glass-half-full" buckeye,

The euro takes the mjo into 8 on Tuesday and now the gfs has it moving into 8 by end of week, (although looping it back out and back in again).  Point is the gfs is correcting to a quicker move into 8 and euro is moving faster to it as well.   All of that in combination with some hints that the endless cutter pattern the models were all showing over the last few days, is looking less "cutterish", has one of my eyebrows raised.  (just one though).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buckeye said:

The euro takes the mjo into 8 on Tuesday and now the gfs has it moving into 8 by end of week, (although looping it back out and back in again).  Point is the gfs is correcting to a quicker move into 8 and euro is moving faster to it as well.   All of that in combination with some hints that the endless cutter pattern the models were all showing over the last few days, is looking less "cutterish", has one of my eyebrows raised.  (just one though).

Time will tell. Hopefully we’ll see some decent winter weather before March.

41 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Best thing I've read on here in a while. Keep hope alive.

• Like 1

Lots of stuff going on in the 3 to 9 day range.  Like 4 systems coming thru.  Models are all over the place.  First one looks to be weak and slide under us.  Next one is stronger and takes a nice track with most models getting a low to WV.   Gfs, gem, and icon all give us a moderate snow for that one.  The euro has a great track but there's virtually no cold sector precip with it.  Then more threats along the baroclinic boundary after that.

On 1/27/2019 at 9:28 AM, HighTechEE said:

Ut oh, I  have a business trip to Boston the week of the 11th, guess when their blizzard of '19 will hit!

LOL, I made this reply to OHweather's post back on Jan 27th, and part of what he said is "It’s even worse in the Philly-NYC-Boston corridor where they’ve largely missed out the last two weeks (and Boston has been hilariously futile so far)."  Guess what, I didn't have to go, but my boss did, and Boston is getting crushed today!  HAHAHAHAAAA!!!!  Hanscom AFB had early dismissal!...

18 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

Crushed? Not for long.

Ok you have proved you're incapable of getting peoples "Obvious Point" in their posts.  Let me explain another one for you, last month when I said 'blizzard of '19 in Boston' is was meant to be funny as I could potentially be fighting the bad weather conditions if it happened on my trip since Boston hasn't had a bad winter storm all season. Then in my post yesterday the Point of my post (in which everyone on this forum who read it) was my boss was in Boston actually fighting the bad weather they had and NOT ME, and that is funny. Unfortunately you somehow latched onto the benign fact that Boston actually wasn't getting a blizzard or being crushed, but for someone from the Dayton Ohio region being in Boston during a bad winter storm trying to navigate 10 lane interstates in a rental car and that person is your (my) boss you missed!

the extended is rapidly turning into a dumpster fire.... starting with the late weekend event that now looks like it's heading north and leaving us with light rain.   After that signs that the se ridge starts winning the battle.   I just hope it goes ape sh*t crazy if it's going to ruin snow chances....go big or go away.

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

the extended is rapidly turning into a dumpster fire.... starting with the late weekend event that now looks like it's heading north and leaving us with light rain.   After that signs that the se ridge starts winning the battle.   I just hope it goes ape sh*t crazy if it's going to ruin snow chances....go big or go away.

Changes w/ MJO phase? Looked like for sure it was gonna get in 8.

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

Yeah, first one just skirts me to the south, the next one starts as snow then gives most of Ohio rain. The 180, re Gfs, looks promising but you know it will change...

6 hours ago, buckeye said:

Outside of the 3 weeks in January this has been a dumpster fire of a winter for central OH. I was hoping it would end with a bang next week or so, but that ridge ain't moving. :facepalm:

#readyforspring

25 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Let's bring on spring. Pattern sucks and I couldn't care less about March snows. Itll just melt in a day. Unless its 2 feet, I'd rather it just torch. It's quite comical how wrong every winter outlook was for here. I dont even think we're gonna reach average lol

We've reached average for year here in SE Indiana but it's melted so fast every time that it doesn't seem like it..

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Sounds like we are in phase 8 so something else clearly driving this poopy pattern. 

JB has his towel in hand BTW. LOL

I keep expecting to see the mjo chart suddenly change to show us going into the cod or back tracking to 7...and yet it only gets stronger into 8 and 1 with each update.  Not only that, but the SOI is crashing.   JB does sound defeated but a few days after his epic meltdown in January, everything switched to a colder look.    I wonder if models will suddenly snap back like that.  If not, than yea, the mjo is certainly not ruling the pattern now.

As of now, the rest of Feb looks like a typical hum drum depressing, uneventful, gross Ohio Feb.