Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

33 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Talk about me be negative. I am just going to enjoy the thaw and the fact the colder, cross polar flow is gone. That much has been verified. After that looks more complex than we have had lately in terms of the general 500mb pattern. Much more pacific influence means some crazy ups and downs in the 120-240 range.

So you're saying everyone can look forward to a whole new set of ways things can go wrong.  Exciting times ahead B)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HighTechEE said:

Yep, it was one of the new winter items they announce recently.  I think the big wrecks on I-75 from squalls last winter got them thinking about it.

Ah, that explains it. I wonder if these are hoisted based exclusively on radar? I'm pretty much out of range for ILN, snowing pretty good here but nothing on radar.

34 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

Today's official high will be 14.  I was too cold.  It's a shame the afternoon temperature won't go into the records. Now let's see how cold it gets tonight.

Temp continues to drop.  I now have -6 as the sky clears up with bright sunshine.    If this drop continues through the afternoon, we would be comparable to the 94 outbreak where afternoon temps were between -6 and -8.

Just now, pondo1000 said:

With a real feel of -37. Ouch!

Kind of interesting because I don't recall ILN forecasting below zero temps through the afternoon.   If that's the case, tonights low might beat forecasts.   

All of this with just a dusting of snow...just imagine if we had a deep snowcover....  we'd be sitting double digits below zero at noon :yikes:

gfs says mid 50s-60 mon - wed.

Unreal.   After our quickly-doomed snowfall on thursday night.... we have 3 rainstorms in a row lined up to bat.    Looks like rain will continue to rule our weather world as we roll into and through 2019, despite the pattern or time of year.

Looks like after our 3 rainstorms, the next 2 storms go under us and are snowstorms for TN into the Carolinas  :lol: