Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

9 hours ago, dilly84 said:

Hardest I've ever seen it snow in Ohio. Full blizzard

Ditto here in Bellbrook. Woke up at about 12:30 and looked out side and have never seen such ferocity of snow fall and wind. The entire outdoors was white....no need to even turn on an outdoor light. We ended up with about 5 or 6 inches here....wind blown so hard to tell. Started shoveling at 6:15 and it was 15 degrees. Finished at 7:30 and it had dropped to 7. In retrospect....if yesterday's .92 inches of rain would have been snow....we would have been dead on with the original model runs showing a foot and a half. Oh well....with the pattern we are in....no doubt more chances to come. The remnants of last weekend's ten inches absorbed the rain with the temperature never getting above 33 yesterday. It is solid ice under the latest snow. The snow/ice cover should last into March....rare territory for southern Ohio indeed.

P1010688.JPG

P1010686.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chambana said:

Congrats to all the Ohio peeps who cashed in on this one! Looks like it was a great storm for you all. 

It was actually a horrible system for most. We were saved somewhat by the defo bands. For example in my area models were showing 11-20" 0z Friday. We got half inch of zr and half inch of sleet, then around 5" of snow thanks to the banding.

25 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

It was actually a horrible system for most. We were saved somewhat by the defo bands. For example in my area models were showing 11-20" 0z Friday. We got half inch of zr and half inch of sleet, then around 5" of snow thanks to the banding.

Imagine my pain. We were forecasted most of the week for 4-8” and ended up with 0.8” of snow. 

• Sad 2

Hard to measure, but after a drive around ....5-6".... Jay?

This had a huge local variability with snow amounts probably due to the convective nature.   There were areas where it looked like they got 8 or 10 inches and only a couple miles away, maybe 3 or 4.  Curious what you central Ohio guys think on amounts in your back yard.

13 minutes ago, buckeye said:

This had a huge local variability with snow amounts probably due to the convective nature.   There were areas where it looked like they got 8 or 10 inches and only a couple miles away, maybe 3 or 4.  Curious what you central Ohio guys think on amounts in your back yard.

Hard to say b/c of wind. 5-6 seems about right. Level 3 though! Wow. Last time was March ‘08 I think. 

25 minutes ago, buckeye said:

It’s extremely tough to tell, but in general it seemed to be about 4” here in the ridge (Huber Ridge) in Westerville.

43 minutes ago, buckeye said:

The most level area I found was a flat trailer I use for my ATV, it was all level had 7" on it.

4 hours ago, buckeye said:

That's what I would say it looks like around here. Some places did slightly better than others. Not bad considering it only lasted 5 or 6 hours. The lake effect snow showers this morning was a nice touch too.

4 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

The connective nature of the banking definitely led to a lot wide variance of totals. CMH reported 3.6 for example, but I am sure that there was more in other parts of the city. Lima had areas of 7 inches(official total but others around 8-9 inches(West/North Lima).

Doesn't look like to much going on until the end of the month. Going to need a clipper or two to come in and refresh after it gets melted into a iceberg.

One of few times I enjo9one of your posts lol, however I do disagree with your last paragraph. The Thursday system isnt out of the water yet. The gem tries to bring it up the Appalachian mountains. I am, however, ignoring it until this current system is off the coast and we get undisturbed sampling. Even if it doesnt pan out most models are showing a clipper next Saturday that looks good for 4-6" somewhere in Ohio. As for Thursday system,  not writing it off until Tuesday 12z