Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Lots of 'weatherman' slamm'n going on ....     poor guys ...they better hope this deform band works out:yikes:

No kidding - I have my wife barking that they don't know what they're talking about (neither does she most of the time but she still feels the need to let me know her uneducated opinion). 

I still maintain that this, all around, has been one of the most frustrating storms I’ve had to forecast.  The low is on the weaker side of pressure from what was modeled yesterday at this time but it’s just...warm.  The deform band is very strong but has some holes as mentioned so may not blast everyone...but should bail some people out.  This is a severe storm in northern OH where it’s been all snow. 

I’m still sweating the N NJ forecasts I made earlier today...last second indications are the southern edge may do a bit better here.  Though I’ll hopefully be sleeping when it gets here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OHweather said:

I still maintain that this, all around, has been one of the most frustrating storms I’ve had to forecast.  The low is on the weaker side of pressure from what was modeled yesterday at this time but it’s just...warm.  The deform band is very strong but has some holes as mentioned so may not blast everyone...but should bail some people out.  This is a severe storm in northern OH where it’s been all snow. 

I’m still sweating the N NJ forecasts I made earlier today...last second indications are the southern edge may do a bit better here.  Though I’ll hopefully be sleeping when it gets here. 

Rain in Canton.

I can tell you the rural areas around here are going downhill fast.  In town not so bad but all roads are snow/ice shellacked  now. We've had maybe 1 1.5 inches of snow but there are 2 foot drifts on the roads (we still had about 3 inch snow pack but it was crusted on top).  WSW in this area are definitely  warranted if for nothing else just the blowing snow and the borderline warning criteria ice from earlier. I think the defo is going to perform at least for areas to my E and SE from radar and sat WV.  Might even get me something decent as the cold air isn't really crashing in like I thought it would.  At least in my area anyone bitching just hasn't been out in this.  and here we should have 4 or 5 hours to go.

Very impressive and under modeled WAA with this thing IMHO.  Those that get under the sweet spot where it begins to stop (NE IN/NW OH?) will be happy.