• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

We’re pretty much where I was thinking we’d be, mixing all day with no accumulation, then tonight when the cold air comes crashing in we thump.  Here’s hoping the GFS depiction of the deform band is right!  Buckeye is going to need to charge for his counseling services today.

We're all rain in Bellbrook.....southeast of Dayton and about 15 miles south of I-70.....not seen a flake. We were epicenter of the snow last weekend with almost a foot...so getting shafted on this one doesn't feel so bad. Not expecting more than 3 or 4 tonight in the defo...if it shows up. Set the bar low.....I say. Maybe the trailer on the cold front later next week will be kinder to us. Need some solid white for the big arctic outbreak next weekend....if it still happens.

Just now, JayPSU said:

We’re pretty much where I was thinking we’d be, mixing all day with no accumulation, then tonight when the cold air comes crashing in we thump.  Here’s hoping the GFS depiction of the deform band is right!  Buckeye is going to need to charge for his counseling services today.

Whose gonna counsel me?  :fever:

3 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

We're all rain in Bellbrook.....southeast of Dayton and about 15 miles south of I-70.....not seen a flake. We were epicenter of the snow last weekend with almost a foot...so getting shafted on this one doesn't feel so bad. Not expecting more than 3 or 4 tonight in the defo...if it shows up. Set the bar low.....I say. Maybe the trailer on the cold front later next week will be kinder to us. Need some solid white for the big arctic outbreak next weekend....if it still happens.

SW Ohio should do great with the deform...now that it seems to be evolving into an orientation more SW to NE

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vespasian70 said:

A lot of people will be upset if this isn't at least a moderate event. The grocery stores last night were a war zone.

The bread aisle at my local grocery store.

I still don’t understand why people do this.  It’s not the 1940’s, even if we got a foot of snow, give it a day at the most and roads will be fine to travel on.  

• Like 3

Looking at the latest HRRR, it’s very clear that it’s going to be a nowcast event for our area.  When you have 10” in Dublin and maybe 2” in Bexley, modeling just can’t nail it down that specifically.  It’s going to be painful, but we’re literally going to have to wait and watch.