Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

1 minute ago, dilly84 said:

Curious why you can't post them

my image library is full by over 200% which translates to probably 50-100 of images.   I can only delete one at a time, (painstaking), before I get below 100% and can post again.   No way to mass delete them believe it or not....Hoosier confirmed with me

Just now, buckeye said:

my image library is full by over 200% which translates to probably 50-100 of images.   I can only delete one at a time, (painstaking), before I get below 100% and can post again.   No way to mass delete them believe it or not....Hoosier confirmed with me

In same boat. I sort by size and delete the biggest ones to get under 100%

Just now, dilly84 said:

In same boat. I sort by size and delete the biggest ones to get under 100%

I don't understand why I was able to go over 100%.   I think it's because I once had a paid subscription which allows you to post as many as you want.   When I didnt renew I suddenly had 200% of the allotted image space allowed for free subscribers.     

1 minute ago, jbcmh81 said:

Well that'll be wrong.  True Apps runners are extremely rare, which is why March 2008 situations only happen like once a century.

It looked good.  I think the problem was it was flying along, looked like it was about to go neg tilt just as it hit WV but didn't quite get there.   That would have the boom we wanted.

5 minutes ago, buckeye said:

It looked good.  I think the problem was it was flying along, looked like it was about to go neg tilt just as it hit WV but didn't quite get there.   That would have the boom we wanted.

For what started as a dud winter, this is setting up to potentially be top 5 best 2 week span of winter in the record books.

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

According to the euro:

on day 10 Columbus has 27" of snow on the ground and minus teen air temps

The severe arctic out break for this time period has been teased by some models for over a week now. This run of the Euro would rival the great arctic outbreaks of all time for much of the nation......dare I even say....February 1899? Just incredible.....

ecmwf_T850a_us_11.png

In terms of this upcoming storm for OH, can't really imagine better trends across the board today.  Slightly lower height in front of the storm due to a little bit more cold seeping in from the north, but also a slower, sharper southern shortwave on every model except for the NAM.  The NAM is still a bit of red flag, but the trend in general supports the snow/mix line setting up a little farther south and also more QPF. 

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

I don't want to sound like Angry and be negative, because storms heading up from the south moving east of Ohio can make for some excellent storms.  I am more just commenting on that track.  Apps runners are the unicorns of the Ohio storm compendium.  When you see one, make a wish, because it's unlikely you see one again. ^_^

1 hour ago, Indystorm said:

I can't believe FV3 is giving me over a foot of snow here just ne of Indpls when the local NWS is only predicting a few inches with mix.  And this close to the event!

It's a bit of an outlier with those totals but I've got to give it a tip of the hat because of it's performance last week.  Heck the 18Z HRRR is dropping a foot on Bloomington lol.