Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

The GFS definitely is looking to cave to the Euro.  It doesn't have the details worked out (just look at the low pressure center jump in hours 48 to 54), but it was a pretty significant step toward the Euro.

suddenly the euro is a P.O.S. and the rgem is meteorological mastery:facepalm:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

My point is, the system is set. The Euro is having feedback issues and those actually begin you know, correcting today.

Yes, the RGEM is top potential, but the general dynamics of this are pretty much set in stone. I-70 area has issues with this system. As will the East Coast.

Don't take this the wrong way...

...but you are so full of sh*t :lol:    (regardless of how this turns out)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Don't take this the wrong way...

...but you are so full of sh*t :lol:    (regardless of how this turns out)

LOL!!!  Ah yes, the thing that all of us, the entire board, secretly thinks when reading his posts but are just too kind to actually write.  Had to be written though!  :clap:

40 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

It means the GFS didnt handle it properly because it was supposed to mix with rain.

Same with even the 12z RGEM lol

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_12.thumb.png.688098ba6f235b6daef8f336b81c3722.png

To be fair, every setup is different, this one will have a sub 1000 mb low approaching from the sw with a strong LLJ trying to pump in warmth.  

Being that I don't live anywhere near Columbus and I really don't care how it turns out, my honest opinion is that there will be mixing issues there... maybe more than what the ECMWF suggests.  Doesn't preclude the possibility of significant snow, but I'd be nervous. 

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

To be fair, every setup is different, this one will have a sub 1000 mb low approaching from the sw with a strong LLJ trying to pump in warmth.  

Being that I don't live anywhere near Columbus and I really don't care how it turns out, my honest opinion is that there will be mixing issues there... maybe more than what the ECMWF suggests.  Doesn't preclude the possibility of significant snow, but I'd be nervous. 

Good luck.

Thanks for the valuable information and insight.  We had,no idea we might mix or change to rain.   Dang it