Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

11 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Guess I'm the only one not excited. Hard to get excited about 1-3" of snow. Unless you live in Southwest Ohio this looks to be a dud. Hope not, but that's the way it looks to me as of now. 0z nam gives a 2" across most of central Ohio.

OP NAM has been killing the snow much faster than any of the other models. 0z 3K NAM has 4-5" for central OH and up to 6" my way. 0z RGEM which only goes to 48 hours is very 3k like. Seems a good bet OP NAM is shutting off snows to quick.

21 minutes ago, vespasian70 said:

Looking for a slight north trend but not seeing it. I think I'm going to be too far NE to get into the good stuff. Buckeye and the rest of you south and west of me have a good chance of seeing a decent thumping.

Yep. You, Steve and myself all looking at 2-3" per most models. Nothing really to write home about. Hopefully it holds together a little longer to get us in some good stuff, but at this point I'd say 2-3, anything extra is just a bonus. Columbus and points west I'd guess up to 6"

Just now, dilly84 said:

Yep. You, Steve and myself all looking at 2-3" per most models. Nothing really to write home about. Hopefully it holds together a little longer to get us in some good stuff, but at this point I'd say 2-3, anything extra is just a bonus. Columbus and points west I'd guess up to 6"

Amazing how quickly this thing falls apart once it's in OH.

9 minutes ago, vespasian70 said:

Amazing how quickly this thing falls apart once it's in OH.

Yeah. Weakens then gets shredded. Where we are, hoping it overperforms, won't be surprised if it underperforms though with every model tearing it to shreds fairly quickly once it reaches central Ohio. Can only hope for the best lol.

16 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Good luck and Happy Belated Birthday!

7 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Good example of how the "northwest trend" effects cutters or as I call it, the back building bias hurting Ohio. The inverted trough will be further west in peak intensity. Not like we didn't know that earlier, but Ohio is going to get hurt. Probably 3-5 max over southwest ohio, 1-3 over the rest. Good luck to snowlover, he is in the best spot.

I'm not so sure about a 3-5 max in SW OH. I am 3 miles from the OH border and a lot of the models are showing around 6 here. West Central OH is under a Winter Storm Warning for 4 to 7 inches.

2 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

You would think 6 inches would require a Warning !

Warning criteria in the northern half of the ILN area is different than the southern half. Northern: 6 inches of snow or 1/2 inch of sleet in 12 hours or 8 inches of snow in 24 hours. Southern: 4 inches of snow or 1/2 inch of sleet in 12 hours or 6 inches of snow in 24 hours.