Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

5 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

EE it would be our luck that a great track in December for us Northern Ohio Valley folk would occur during a too warm environment. Long way away...I believe our time won't come till Christmas week and later.....

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_29.png

HighTechEE's image is a week after the one you posted. His is actually mostly snow for IN/OH.

On or about Christmas Eve into Christmas Day, there is a possibility of an intense blizzard over Illinois and points north and east. Winds would be pretty strong but the snow amounts may be mammoth. Just a heads up. Should start seeing this on standard models in about a week, signal will be quite strong. 1978 anyone?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Jebman said:

On or about Christmas Eve into Christmas Day, there is a possibility of an intense blizzard over Illinois and points north and east. Winds would be pretty strong but the snow amounts may be mammoth. Just a heads up. Should start seeing this on standard models in about a week, signal will be quite strong. 1978 anyone?

Did you happen to eat green brownies?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

Hopefully it's stronger than 1978.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Hopefully it's stronger than 1978.

As the garden type variety of snow fan whose forecasting abilities are that of whatever shows up as green and blue on tropical tidbits, I'm flabbergasted. I can't decide if this is an elaborate joke or if it may actually be a thing, simply because "hopefully it's stronger than 1978" is not a common phrase, and we're so far out still.. my mind is swirling with the possibility. This IS my green brownie

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

As the garden type variety of snow fan whose forecasting abilities are that of whatever shows up as green and blue on tropical tidbits, I'm flabbergasted. I can't decide if this is an elaborate joke or if it may actually be a thing, simply because "hopefully it's stronger than 1978" is not a common phrase, and we're so far out still.. my mind is swirling with the possibility. This IS my green brownie

I am interested in the 12/21-12/25 timeframe, but interest doesn't guarantee results.  If something does happen, maybe we'll call it Jeblizzard.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malacka11 said:

I can't recall if it was last year, or even more embarrassingly, 2 years ago, but Jeb graced us with his winter forecast for the lakes and OV.  It painted a winter that made 1977-78 look like 2011-12.  Other than that it was spot on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jebman said:

I know it's been a day since you made this post, but out of general curiousity, what indications favor this occurring?

A lot of people on here have been getting very pessimistic over the possibility of our pattern change dissapearing. For those of you who don't monitor it, here's a bit from LOT's forecast discussion:

It`s not currently in the forecast grids, but with the above
normal height and thermal profile pattern in place, can`t rule out
fog and stratus formation at times in the Monday-Tuesday timeframe
as well as strong inversions will form at night. Finally, signs
are pointing to a return of a -EPO in the northeast Pacific late
next week into the weekend before Christmas, so expect a normal to
below normal temperature regime in time for Christmas. As far as
chances for a white Christmas...stay tuned.

Castro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dilly84 said:

Well are we surprised here in Ohio? Perfect track 3 days before Christmas and it'll be all rain with the exception of some back end flurries.. Winter here the past 3 years has been brutal and not in a cold and snowy way

Screenshot_20181218-111244_1-picsay.png

Been longing for that track for a long time around here. Finally get it & this....

• Sad 1