Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Michael Banter Thread

Windspeed

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

ha nice. its funny how people like to get on the mods for not doing enough. were his posts reported? or people just whining about needing moderation. i think next storm all the green taggers and helpers shouldn't do jack **** and see how it goes. 

There were a bunch of reports, but part of the issue was the thread was moving so fast with idiocy, and a few of us were busy at work and real life ( @Rjay was too busy not chasing this from new orleans) so it snowballed. And frankly after a while id rather deal with my 6 year old throwing a tantrum than grown ass adults who cant shut the fuk up. Which im sure you agree with :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SENC said:

I'm not a troll..  was just "staying on Topic".. I had the wrong winder open, that I was typing in thus,, my mistake.. This is BANTER correct?

So I'm posting in BANTER now,  giving support &  hard FACTS & DATA that only supports a CAT 1 Hurricane..

Yes,  I'm not going along with ___________ .. 

I have different views that are supported with FACTS..

So ya'll want to insult & Ridicule Me.. When FACTS are staring you in the face..

That's all good, I got thick skin.. Though actual observed & recorded data doesn't LIE.. 

Try reading. I wasnt discussing you. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SENC said:

How about reading the links instead of insulting someone?

Did you call NHC to correct them yet?  You should send them an email... show them your facts right away.  NHC def needs to know about this right now.  Your facts are indisputable evidence that the NHC was using fake weather

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SENC said:

I'm not a troll..  was just "staying on Topic".. I had the wrong winder open, that I was typing in thus,, my mistake.. This is BANTER correct?

So I'm posting in BANTER now,  giving support &  hard FACTS & DATA that only supports a CAT 1 Hurricane..

Yes,  I'm not going along with ___________ .. 

I have different views that are supported with FACTS..

So ya'll want to insult & Ridicule Me.. When FACTS are staring you in the face..

That's all good, I got thick skin.. Though actual observed & recorded data doesn't LIE.. 

Thick skull too apparently

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, SENC said:

How about reading the links instead of insulting someone?

I don't need to look at cherrypicked data to know that this hurricane was extreme and not at all overyhyped. You complained that this storm didnt produce damage that resembled Andrew, then you saw it this morning and started back tracking and making excuses.

You are wrong and not willing to admit it. That is all.

And calling you wrong isn't an insult.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wmsptwx said:

Hey man, I didn't complain at all on this really..go after who did. 

I have no idea how that quoted you, i intended to quote the guy complaining that i didnt stop doingmy job that pays me a lot of money; and instead babysat everyone here,no idea how i ended up quoting you, my bad! 

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Did you call NHC to correct them yet?  You should send them an email... show them your facts right away.  NHC def needs to know about this right now.  Your facts are indisputable evidence that the NHC was using fake weather

Apparently @yoda did  you look at the  inserted picture? TRY reading the Highlighted parts.. 

4 minutes ago, Freshgeek said:

I don't need to look at cherrypicked data to know that this hurricane was extreme and not at all overyhyped. You complained that this storm didnt produce damage that resembled Andrew, then you saw it this morning and started back tracking and making excuses.

You are wrong and not willing to admit it. That is all.

And calling you wrong isn't an insult.

You did NOT even read the links (DATA) presented, then call it Cherry-picked,, great , OR FAIL on peer Review..

It was over-hyped..  Making "excuses" on buildings that are NOT, or WERE NOT, "constructed" up to CURRENT building codes isn't Making excuses.. It's called facts.. I presented MY Data NOW present yours, or  Shut ______.. 

2 minutes ago, SENC said:

It was over-hyped..  Making "excuses" on buildings that are NOT, or WERE NOT, "constructed" up to CURRENT building codes isn't Making excuses.. It's called facts.. I presented MY Data NOW present yours, or  Shut ______.. 

The BILLIONS of dollars in damage and AIRCRAFT reconnaissance say THAT you data is NOT telling the whole STORY. You dont WANT to listen to THE experts and PEOPLE who know more than you, all WHILE ignoring the evidence YOU asked for because...reasons.

No amount of random CAPITALIZATIONS will make you correct. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SENC said:

You did NOT even read the links (DATA) presented, then call it Cherry-picked,, great , OR FAIL on peer Review..

I think that as long as we let global warming continue to progress out of control, we will see more and more catastrophic storms like Michael. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

There were a bunch of reports, but part of the issue was the thread was moving so fast with idiocy, and a few of us were busy at work and real life ( @Rjay was too busy not chasing this from new orleans) so it snowballed. And frankly after a while id rather deal with my 6 year old throwing a tantrum than grown ass adults who cant shut the fuk up. Which im sure you agree with :lol:

I can't see reports, and honestly if its not storm mode, i shouldn't be cleaning up threads anyways. but i did what i could yesterday. the board was slow, work was busy, and then went home to my family so, moderating a thread isnt high on my list at that point. 

i read through about 15 pages of crap this morning and im sorry it happened. storm mode or not, some people need to self moderate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freshgeek said:

The BILLIONS of dollars in damage and AIRCRAFT reconnaissance say THAT you data is NOT telling the whole STORY. You dont WANT to listen to THE experts and PEOPLE who know more than you, all WHILE ignoring the evidence YOU asked for because...reasons.

No amount of random CAPITALIZATIONS will make you correct. 

your screaming MUH FEELING, MUH FEELINGS..!!!

While  not presenting one IOTA of hard Data..  ;) 

Just now, SENC said:

Present DATA..

Don't try to Silence someone presenting Hard Data.. 

See that ya'lls problem..

Trying to "Silence" someone whom offers different opposing views.. Or try to get them "banned"..

Theres Religious cults/Goverments that tend to do such things..

I'm not sure what you're looking for here? you posted wind obs from towers that all went offline during the worst of the storm. I'm not sure how you can ask for data to prove you wrong, when there is no data at all to give. Tyndell AFB gusted to 130mph before going offline. Last I checked a low end Cat 2 doesn't gust to 130mph.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SENC said:

your screaming MUH FEELING, MUH FEELINGS..!!!

While  not presenting one IOTA of hard Data..  ;) 

*You're

and you're the one projecting your hurt feelings. You are literally one of like two people who are still trying to downplay this. So either you are some kind of super genius that knows more than every expert on these kinds of storms and the damage they produce...

or you're wrong.

I bet I know the answer. 

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

I can't see reports, and honestly if its not storm mode, i shouldn't be cleaning up threads anyways. but i did what i could yesterday. the board was slow, work was busy, and then went home to my family so, moderating a thread isnt high on my list at that point. 

i read through about 15 pages of crap this morning and im sorry it happened. storm mode or not, some people need to self moderate. 

Yeah the board being slow at points was annoying af too and made it impossible to moderate, it would keep freezing after i would hit submit to pinky posts. And i dont blame anyone at all for choosing to not deal with this crap and spend time with their family...thats always the right choice. 

Unless your kid is learning the recorder. Then its hard liquor and the ban hammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BxEngine said:

Yeah the board being slow at points was annoying af too and made it impossible to moderate, it would keep freezing after i would hit submit to pinky posts. And i dont blame anyone at all for choosing to not deal with this crap and spend time with their family...thats always the right choice. 

Unless your kid is learning the recorder. Then its hard liquor and the ban hammer.

if youre the dummy who gave your kid a recorder to begin with, then you deserve it. :) 

• Haha 1

SENC, all of the data-based arguments you have presented fall into one of two categories:

(a) the data were incomplete due to instrument failure before the strongest winds, or

(b) the data are correct but are taken from locations that nobody claims to have been in the strongest wind zone.

I'm surprised you haven't figured this out for yourself, even as dim an intellect as my own managed to reach these conclusions. 

To be more specific, it is quite plausible that winds continued to increase at Tyndall AFB and the Panama City buoy, review your own data and you'll see that both cut out and stopped reporting.

And the Panama City Beach and Tyndall Tower (located south of Cape San Blas) data are correct but pressures will show you how far they were outside the core. 

I don't see any evidence that you're disputing the central pressure being around 920 mb at landfall. So how could that possibly be a cat-2? 

Then there's the entire issue of no data yet known at least for wind speeds between Tyndall AFB and Appalachicola. For that we have only secondary evidence such as the widespread damage at Mexico Beach. 

• Like 1