Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Michael Banter Thread

Windspeed

20 minutes ago, mfgmfg said:

Such a bad spot.   When I watched them make the decision to drive over the bridge near Port St. Joe and head that way I couldn't believe it.   I had watch when they traveled through to Port St. Joe earlier in the feed and it was clear that the whole are was super low.   More importantly the only road to get out was basically on the coast.    

40 minutes ago, Polka1 said:

Such a bad spot.   When I watched them make the decision to drive over the bridge near Port St. Joe and head that way I couldn't believe it.   I had watch when they traveled through to Port St. Joe earlier in the feed and it was clear that the whole are was super low.   More importantly the only road to get out was basically on the coast.    

I've made that drive before between Panama City and Port St. Joe and your perception is correct.  There's a reason that people like Josh didn't go over there- lack of options.

9 minutes ago, mempho said:

I've made that drive before between Panama City and Port St. Joe and your perception is correct.  There's a reason that people like Josh didn't go over there- lack of options.

Bad news is that between the live site map showing the chasers, tweets from other chasers who said they were in Mexico City, and Jeff Piotrowski's live feed it seems that there were a lot of chasers in major risk areas between the two.   Jeff claimed to have been down there but barely made it out before storm surge and fallen trees blocked the way - and that was a bit before it got REALLY bad.

Hope others made it out or found places that held.

40 minutes ago, Polka1 said:

Bad news is that between the live site map showing the chasers, tweets from other chasers who said they were in Mexico City, and Jeff Piotrowski's live feed it seems that there were a lot of chasers in major risk areas between the two.   Jeff claimed to have been down there but barely made it out before storm surge and fallen trees blocked the way - and that was a bit before it got REALLY bad.

Hope others made it out or found places that held.

I can't really imagine deciding to attempt to ride out the storm surge and wind of a storm like this in a vehicle at sea level.  That's not a reasonable plan.  People having that little concern for their own personal safety is really disconcerting. 

Replying here because this clowns stupidness shouldn't murk up the main thread

5 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

He doesn’t seem very happy. Seems like his thinking was “I boarded up my home and left like I was supposed too but you stayed and broke the seal on the home I spent so much time boarding up.” Understandable 

I can't blame him at all, and honestly give him mad props for not completely tearing into Brett in that interview. Can't say I would of held my tongue if that was my home this clown broke into and likely ruined the storm preparations that I had spent time on all because he had to have the best footage, safety be damned... It would be hilarious if he pressed charges on him and I really hope he does.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jburns said:

Go back north where the names are all normal.  LIke these upstate NY towns.

Lackawanna 

Almond 

Chili 

Throop 

Coxsackie

Horseheads

Wawayanda 

Scheghticoke

Halfmoon 

Neversink 

Tuckahoe

Butternuts

Or PA, where Intercourse is a bit up from the town Bird in Hand - not far away from Paradise and Fertility.

7 minutes ago, Polka1 said:

Or PA, where Intercourse is a bit up from the town Bird in Hand - not far away from Paradise and Fertility.

Oh yeah. Ever since I can remember PA was held up as the gold standard of weird town names.  I looked up a few from NY because that is where BX resides. All in fun. 

23 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Replying here because this clowns stupidness shouldn't murk up the main thread

I can't blame him at all, and honestly give him mad props for not completely tearing into Brett in that interview. Can't say I would of held my tongue if that was my home this clown broke into and likely ruined the storm preparations that I had spent time on all because he had to have the best footage, safety be damned... It would be hilarious if he pressed charges on him and I really hope he does.

I said it in the main thread but will delete it...I’d like to see him charged with B&E. Completely irresponsible, and copycats with even less knowledge will someday get killed because of this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I said it in the main thread but will delete it...I’d like to see him charged with B&E. Completely irresponsible, and copycats with even less knowledge will someday get killed because of this.

Main thread is now 100% about Adair anyway.. just leave it.

I am seriously still kind of in a state of shock that this thing came in with the third lowest pressure recorded in the US...lower than Andrew... and in the Florida panhandle a third of the way into October. All of the clowns maps pretty much came true-yeah I was looking at them all and laughing like everyone else. Hard to believe really. I really can't wait for the analysis on this storm. 

I can't think of a better tool than this video to show people why they need to evacuate storm surge prone areas.  It really shows how quickly and how powerful the wind and water combined come ashore.  Too often people see water levels rise over a period of many hours, this was true storm surge.  It went from nothing to maybe 4 feet of water w 3 or 4 ft waves on top in 15-20 min.  And that was w/ the wind and surge coming from the E/SE somewhat paralleling that coastline.  The video quit before the the winds became more perpendicular to the coastline.  That location looked like it never saw the eye proper but stayed in the eyewall (maybe even the outer fringes) throughout.  The backside surge can be just as bad. 

I couldn't imagine back in the days of Camille being half toasted at a hurricane party in a house sitting at or just above sea level, and having even worse than this come barreling through.   

I dont care about the blame game stuff, I don't blame race car drivers, it's their choice and we all still like to watch. 

Regardless, glad they're ok.