Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Michael Banter Thread

Windspeed

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Ok but the fact still remains that the infrastructure and population density in the NY-NJ area is so much larger than this area of FL.  There isn't $65 billion worth of property in the region to destroy.  That's all I'm saying.

This storm is going to run over Georgia, the Carolinas, and SE VA at likely hurricane or TS levels.  Lots of population and infrastructure.

12 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

This storm is going to run over Georgia, the Carolinas, and SE VA at likely hurricane or TS levels.  Lots of population and infrastructure.

Ok. If it beats the estimated $65 billion in damages from Sandy I will humbly apologize. Until then, I just find it hard to compare the NYC Metro area to the area this storm is projected to impact. 

8 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Ok. If it beats the estimated $65 billion in damages from Sandy I will humbly apologize. Until then, I just find it hard to compare the NYC Metro area to the area this storm is projected to impact. 

Dollar signs are arbitrary.

This is going to be devastating. 

I'm going to say this, and I don't care if I get banned, told to calm down, or told to go to Hades, but while Sandy was bad and extremely destructive Sandy is not the be all and end all of storms.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

Dollar signs are arbitrary.

This is going to be devastating. 

I'm going to say this, and I don't care if I get banned, told to calm down, or told to go to Hades, but while Sandy was bad and extremely destructive Sandy is not the be all and end all of storms.

The dollar signs are what started this discussion. The OP - sandysurvivor, said this would be the costliest storm ever. It’s very powerful and will certainly be devastating for that area. All that I am saying is that there is just a lot less to impact there. It would take an awful lot to reach Sandy levels of monetary damage.