Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Michael Banter Thread

Windspeed

3 minutes ago, SandySurvivor said:

I prefer to deal in facts and science.  I stopped reading after your first sentence which is clearly false.  

The Pinelands National Reserve is over 1 million acres.  

Ok but the fact still remains that the infrastructure and population density in the NY-NJ area is so much larger than this area of FL.  There isn't $65 billion worth of property in the region to destroy.  That's all I'm saying.

7 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

meh I don't have much empathy for stupidity. should be some great live viewing material later on though...

Going to Mexico beach is possibly the dumbest thing someone can do right now. They could end up with cat 4 sustained winds and a 10+ foot surge.

completely ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Going to Mexico beach is possibly the dumbest thing someone can do right now. They could end up with cat 4 sustained winds and a 10+ foot surge.

completely ridiculous. 

Yup. It's the equivalent of running into a burning building on purpose. My only worry is for the first responders that may have to put their lives in danger in order to save those morons that have no regard for their own. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Iceman said:

Yup. It's the equivalent of running into a burning building on purpose. My only worry is for the first responders that may have to put their lives in danger in order to save those morons that have no regard for their own. 

I know people kind of idolize josh on here, but it is so dumb. It also encourages amateurs to try as well. 

Would any chaser drive into an ef3 tornado? That is essentially what they are doing here, adding it will last for hours, and surge. 

It is is extremely irresponsible. 

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Look I was told in the other thread and in pm’s that the chasers there are professional and have lots of equipment. They’re doing us a service, how dare you disparage them. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Ok but the fact still remains that the infrastructure and population density in the NY-NJ area is so much larger than this area of FL.  There isn't $65 billion worth of property in the region to destroy.  That's all I'm saying.

How much is all the property in the region worth?  

PCB.jpg

24 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

completely ridiculous. 

no one is going to see sustained cat 4 conditions.  

13 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I know people kind of idolize josh on here, but it is so dumb. It also encourages amateurs to try as well. 

Would any chaser drive into an ef3 tornado? That is essentially what they are doing here, adding it will last for hours, and surge. 

It is is extremely irresponsible. 

plenty of places to safely ride out this storm for chasers.  weather channel crew with mike betties is being over dramatic

plenty of places to safely ride out this storm for chasers.  weather channel crew with mike betties is being over dramatic
Where on Mexico Beach? Have you been there?

PCB is the eastmost point along the shoreline that has structures with a reasonably good chance of surviving without structural failure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Akeem the African Dream said:

no one is going to see sustained cat 4 conditions.  

I'd forecast exactly those conditions for exposed areas on the right side of the eyewall  e.g. the beachfront.

He has a place further e. Not much but could make a difference.
I had him scout mexico beach overnight as i was leaning that way but this morning we both thought pc was solid with that out to the e if he needed to move.
Mexico Beach-- there's just no shelter there.

10 minutes ago, mempho said:

Where on Mexico Beach? Have you been there?

PCB is the eastmost point along the shoreline that has structures with a reasonably good chance of surviving without structural failure.

guess we're going to find out just how safe it is to ride out a high end cat 4 in Mexico Beach since that one chaser is trapped there I believe after trying to go to PSJ. Footage should be great though, hopefully the stream doesn't die before him...

6 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

god the board is running slow.  cant we just lock the SNE and NYC forums for the day to free up bandwith?

I mean, I think talking about sandy constantly should get you five posted...that would probably take care of half the NYC forum.