Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Michael

Solak

6 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Lights out at my house. Ugh

Same here.  Just got hit pretty good with wind of probably 50 mph for about 5 minutes. Driving rain with it. Power flashed several times and then went out which is indicative of a tree bouncing on the lines before taking them down.

Get ready RDU folks.

From RAH:

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/... As of 355 PM Thursday... TS Michael will track NE of the forecast area over the next 6-9 hours, with a slowly waning influence. But until it exits, the band of strong to damaging N winds within convection on the immediate W side of the storm center, just ahead of the incoming cold front, will progress slowly E through central NC. We`ve seen numerous reports of wind gusts up to 35-45 kts already, and based on the latest trends (including 50-60 kts observed by the WFO Blacksburg radar at 1000-1500 ft AGL) and consistent high res model guidance, this will only get worse as it tracks east. With these intense winds and accompanying second round of rain, will maintain the tropical storm warning into the early evening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Get ready RDU folks.

From RAH:

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/... As of 355 PM Thursday... TS Michael will track NE of the forecast area over the next 6-9 hours, with a slowly waning influence. But until it exits, the band of strong to damaging N winds within convection on the immediate W side of the storm center, just ahead of the incoming cold front, will progress slowly E through central NC. We`ve seen numerous reports of wind gusts up to 35-45 kts already, and based on the latest trends (including 50-60 kts observed by the WFO Blacksburg radar at 1000-1500 ft AGL) and consistent high res model guidance, this will only get worse as it tracks east. With these intense winds and accompanying second round of rain, will maintain the tropical storm warning into the early evening.

Dude, what happened to your post?!

Just got back from saving my neighborhood from downed trees.  What a huge mess! Power out everywhere.  Michael has given about everyone a little graze across the groin on his way out.  

No idea what my rain totals are now but given the state of a few local creeks, its a lot.  Never seen them that deep in 17 years of living here.

Bring on fall please! A very dry one!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kvegas-wx said:

Just got back from saving my neighborhood from downed trees.  What a huge mess! Power out everywhere.  Michael has given about everyone a little graze across the groin on his way out.  

No idea what my rain totals are now but given the state of a few local creeks, its a lot.  Never seen them that deep in 17 years of living here.

Bring on fall please! A very dry one!

Same here.  Just saw where 24% of Forsyth is without power.  I'm in the 24%

Noting the position of the center of circulation is on the northern portion of the NHC cone from yesterday when it was south of Raleigh. 2pm fix was due west of Raleigh and just a bit due south of Greensboro. Will be interesting to see the 5pm fix.

This GOES 16 floater band shows the surface rotation in lighter shade below the darker obscuring outflow. 

Thanks for all the reports and best of luck to everyone.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=local-NC_VA-05-48-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

Reposting for FallsLake :rolleyes:

TS Michael will track NE of the forecast area over the next 6-9 
hours, with a slowly waning influence. But until it exits, the band 
of strong to damaging N winds within convection on the immediate W 
side of the storm center, just ahead of the incoming cold front, 
will progress slowly E through central NC. We've seen numerous 
reports of wind gusts up to 35-45 kts already, and based on the 
latest trends (including 50-60 kts observed by the WFO Blacksburg 
radar at 1000-1500 ft AGL) and consistent high res model guidance, 
this will only get worse as it tracks east. With these intense winds 
and accompanying second round of rain, will maintain the tropical 
storm warning into the early evening. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Flash flood emergency here in Danville. Pretty much whole city is without power and multiple swiftwater rescues are ongoing.

Sounds pretty bad. Someone yesterday was asking  what the big deal was over 40 to 55mph winds....well considering 400,000 are without power in north carolina so far and these winds have not reached rdu and points eastward yet, i think   says it all. 

• Like 2