• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Michael

Solak

Rainfall is quickly becoming a problem over the triad.  Michael's track is making the pivot point almost dead center around the triad.  We've had heavy rain all morning and now it looks like we get the backside as well.  I'd say another 6 hours of heavy downpours (at least).

Creeks are full, yards are flooded.  Any light winds could do some damage now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CLTwx said:

Got my Kestrel and ready here in CLT.....

My 3 weather stations (Uptown, South Charlotte and Steele Creek) in Charlotte: 2 Weather Flows and 1 Davis VP2

Here

Keep us posted. Center of circulation is just passing you by to the east through Union county. If its gonna be, then kickoff will start shortly. Feel like we are watching waiting for the solar eclipse again, waiting for this def band of winds to come charging in.

Side note: As crazy as our wx seems to be lately. Mediterranean has a cat 1 storm in it. Rare, but can happen

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Keep us posted. Center of circulation is just passing you by to the east through Union county. If its gonna be, then kickoff will start shortly. Feel like we are watching waiting for the solar eclipse again, waiting for this def band of winds to come charging in.

Yup...just actually put up Weather Flows in Uptown (30 feet) and South Charlotte (25 feet) So we should really get a good idea if the HRRR was on to something or not. 

Just watched Wral and there was a quick verbal comment if possible 60mph here and there (with no timing or reference) but nothing visual or on the futurcast. With the backside they are showing 20s. Either they don’t buy it, or heck I don’t know.