• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

Major Hurricane Michael

Why split hairs? Does it really matter that it was 917 instead of 919? Get a life, kid. 

A few millibars difference in scientific analysis on a final report may indeed be splitting hairs, but why the condescending remark? It's a meteorological science forum and he even took the time to explain his reasoning for why the difference in a few mb was worth pointing out. Even if minute, it gives further evidence that the ongoing period of rapid intensification was not yet beginning to wane and may have warranted at least a mention within the report. Regardless, I don't see the need to patronize the man. There are plenty of instances of people making asinine posts. His wasn't one of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, Windspeed said:

A few millibars difference in scientific analysis on a final report may indeed be splitting hairs, but why the condescending remark? It's a meteorological science forum and he even took the time to explain his reasoning for why the difference in a few mb was worth pointing out. Even if minute, it gives further evidence that the ongoing period of rapid intensification was not yet beginning to wane and may have warranted at least a mention within the report. Regardless, I don't see the need to patronize the man. There are plenty of instances of people making asinine posts. His wasn't one of them.

Windspeed, The ghost is known for his posts.

• Thanks 1

Went Scalloping in PSJ last weekend. Amazing amount of recovery over in Bay & Gulf county. Still a ton of work to do! My 3-5 year estimate will probably be correct. I’ll post some pics soon. In the meantime here’s a story about some after affects you don’t here about!

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/solutions-for-the-housing-crisis-are-still-distant/

Here are some pics from the weekend of 9/7/19

aeedc487faf779f9263f7ac1596eb4e8.jpgfe439813da237de479c1eba97d162c3e.jpg04debbcd94d185526be51d8dcde45e24.jpga3deb7834253040e79bb61e137006350.jpg

• Thanks 2