• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WxWatcher007

Major Hurricane Michael

3 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

It sounded like someone egged him to go on the transmitter earlier.

If something happens to these guys, that person will have this weighing heavily on his conscience.  

That's exactly what happened. I don't think Adair was crazy about going down there, from what I heard. 

• Like 1

panama city has 924.8 mb pressure and 112 kt wind gust. I have never seen an airport report this kind of pressure.

KPAM 101716Z AUTO 06074G112KT M1/8SM R14/0700V1000FT +RA FG SQ M 25/25 A2730 RMK AO2 RAB1658 PRESFR SLP248 CHINO RWY32 $

1 minute ago, tdp146 said:

I legit think Bretts car is floating away with the live stream cam in it. there is zero visibility but you can see waves washing over now 

It did a 180.

8 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

They are showing some of Brett's video on Weather Channel

I have been watching that video and that car has been afloat for some minutes now...you could tell when the camera starting some gently bobbing that the car was floating. Hope they got inside or on top of something. And that guy they were talking to was saying, "that surge is not coming up" and he was all "yes it is" and this was when he was still able to drive on that road. Now that road is way under water. smh

1 minute ago, Chinook said:

panama city has 924.8 mb pressure and 112 kt wind gust. I have never seen an airport report this kind of pressure.

KPAM 101716Z AUTO 06074G112KT M1/8SM R14/0700V1000FT +RA FG SQ M 25/25 A2730 RMK AO2 RAB1658 PRESFR SLP248 CHINO RWY32 $

Remarkable that the ASOS is even still online. Only the ceilometer is knocked out so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

That's exactly what happened. I don't think Adair was crazy about going down there, from what I heard. 

Exactly.  Someone said to come up to PC through Mexico Beach in the middle of the eye and it would be OK.  Adair surmised that they had the offshore flow and would be OK.  Whoever is with him was really not thrilled with the decision.

1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

Take some screen shots....and post if you can

Screen shots really don't show much but gray. Car is clearly floating and spinning around.