Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,393
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
ThePhotoGuy

Fall & Winter 2018 Photos

Recommended Posts

We haven't had a photo thread in a while. Always nice to see other peoples photos from the region. 

Sunrises, Sunsets, Wildlife, Fall Colors, etc. post them!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glowing Sunset Tree

p3102035124-4.jpg

 

Great Blue Heron Flying into the Sunset

p3102035121-3.jpg

 

Windmill Sunset

p3102035127-3.jpg

 

I have been noticing and walking into many spider webs!

p3102035145-3.jpg

 

Fox soaking in the sun after all the rain.

p3102035221-4.jpg

 

USCG Eagle heading into Baltimore for Fleet Week

p3102035247-3.jpg

 

Last night's beautiful reflecting Sunset.

p3102035284-3.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pics...especially the fox!  Usually skittish creatures unless you are in a suburban neighborhood or close to town....really cool picture! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All great pictures but I can almost feel the weather/fading warmth of the sun, in the glowing sunset tree photo.  Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, poolz1 said:

Great pics...especially the fox!  Usually skittish creatures unless you are in a suburban neighborhood or close to town....really cool picture! 

Thanks! There are 4-5 foxes that I found in Spring at a smaller park. I have been lucky to be able to photograph them these past couple months. Hopefully I can get some photos of them in the snow. 

5 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Wow!!! Great pictures.  Thank you for sharing.  

Thanks!

3 hours ago, JB Fins said:

All great pictures but I can almost feel the weather/fading warmth of the sun, in the glowing sunset tree photo.  Well done.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Great photos. Really like the first one. 

Thanks...much appreciated...

You obviously have a skill...I can click a button!  I still love documenting weather events...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Sun coming through the trees this morning while walking the dogs.  Looks like I may need to invite the sub forum at the house here to get our snow fix.  :) 

842BDAF5-20EF-4F64-BAF6-AF55CBA5B776.jpeg

Gorgeous.  Love Deep Creek.  How close are you to the lake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Gorgeous.  Love Deep Creek.  How close are you to the lake?

Less than a mile to Wisp and the lake.  We were debating a place at the beach or the mountains but my love of winter/snow won out...best decision we made I think.  This area really is a great four season destination...well three seasons since spring sucks up here.  

We’re heading to Wisp now to ski for a few hours (first time this season) to break in the new skis.  We got season passes this year which naturally will doom our snow chances. ;)   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Less than a mile to Wisp and the lake.  We were debating a place at the beach or the mountains but my love of winter/snow won out...best decision we made I think.  This area really is a great four season destination...well three seasons since spring sucks up here.  

We’re heading to Wisp now to ski for a few hours (first time this season) to break in the new skis.  We got season passes this year which naturally will doom our snow chances. ;)   

Great place.  I was so close to moving there a couple years ago.  I still get sick thinking about it. 

Have fun at wisp.  Ride the mountain coaster, always wanted to do that in the snow!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Great place.  I was so close to moving there a couple years ago.  I still get sick thinking about it. 

Have fun at wisp.  Ride the mountain coaster, always wanted to do that in the snow!

I rode it in the snow and I had to give my goggles to my kid. My eyelashes froze together and my face nearly froze off. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×