• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall foliage thread - 2018

michsnowfreak

As it's nearing peak up by bo, which will start working its way South, figured i would start a thread for observations on the progress of color, as well as pictures.  Some nice early color showing up in Southeast Michigan, nothing abnormal, but I am wondering how the warm weather next week will affect it, if any. It was a late green up, a wet Spring, a dry summer, then a wet start to fall. Mother nature has definitely been playing tricks, but the early color so far seems just fine.

Wow surprised to hear there is no color in central OH. The shortening days will over power above avg temps sooner or later im sure. Above avg looks to last til about the 12th or 13th. A coworker just remarked that every day. out the office window theres more color showing. I would consider it more than patchy but in the "low" color category so far.

4 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Very nice! How do you like living in the north vs the south where you came?

It is growing on me. At first everything being relatively flat was getting to me because I was use to mountains being around me, but as time goes by I have adjusted.  If I can transfer I might be looking to go up into the Gladstone area of the UP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Met1985 said:

It is growing on me. At first everything being relatively flat was getting to me because I was use to mountains being around me, but as time goes by I have adjusted.  If I can transfer I might be looking to go up into the Gladstone area of the UP.

Where did you move from again?

7 hours ago, bowtie` said:

^ Challenging light condition yet executed extremely well. Shame about the power lines though.

It was literally a last second shot. I was at the red light right before I turn into my office complex and the way the light was streaming in it was quite a sight, i literally grabbed my phone and snapped, i only had seconds lol.

I agree with bowtie about Indiana leaves (at least in this part of the state). Not much color happening here. It's pretty late. I have a maple tree in my yard that usually is a vibrant yellow by this time. It is just a very dull yellow/green and leaves are beginning to fall.