Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tornado/Severe Threat 10/2/18

NJwx85

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

When I went through Poughkeepsie it wasn't too bad but by 6 around Pleasant Valley and then over and down the Taconic it was challenging to say the least. The further south I went the worse it was though and by the time I got here it was deep on the roads. Just south of me it looks like it was/is even worse.

I was northbound on the taconic at around 6:15 it was coming down from pleasantville north past the croton reservoir.  Boomers again now.

Drove from Kt. Kisco to Ossining today on 133 in the middle of the tornado warning around 4:50. There was definitely circulation in the clouds around/above the hill wsw of target. When we got on 133 it came down in an unforgettable way. There was definitely hail mixed in. Would classify them as dime sized. 133 was closed near gedney park at the top of the hill. Had to circle back to 100 which was closed before shingle house. Went back to 134 and took pines bridge rd which also had live wires down. There had to have been a tornado or straight line winds that went through that area. The rain was absurd and blinded any ability to decipher what direction it was coming from.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

There's a lot of depth in this line, storm keeps pretending it's done and the wind and rain ramp right back up.  Some very long lightning strokes too, a few lasting two or three seconds.

Not bad for an October night squall line. Heck it's better than most things we see during the summer.