• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2018 Observations

yotaman

It’s a beautiful day at N. Myrtle Beach, 81 degrees with low humidity. The ocean is a rusty and brownish color. There is no way I would get in that water. Also, coming down from Greenville, we passed over the Pee Dee at Galivants Ferry and on 22 over the Waccamaw River. The stench was terrible, almost sickening. I guess that’s from all the contaminates in the water. 

6 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

CAE hit 90 today. Not terribly unusual for them in early Oct, but getting pretty late for that. AVL still hasn't gone below 60 since 8/25! I simply can't believe that factoid! Not forecast to do so over the coming week either.

ATL also hit 90*F yesterday. The first time since 1954. :lmao:

Record high today is 91*F (also set back in 1954), which could be in jeopardy.

Can we please make it stop?

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
0435 PM EDT THU OCT 04 2018

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 91 DEGREES WAS SET AT ATLANTA TODAY.
THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 91 SET IN 1954.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Powerball said:

Get used to it. It's going to be a hot weekend.

Forecast for 92 today.  Record high is 95 set in 1954. What a brutal early October that year was!  I’ve lived here most of my life and I’m 37.  I can’t remember a hot stretch that lingered into what appears to be mid October.  Enough is enough where the fook are the crisp dew points. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 64Storm said:

Can we please make it stop?

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
0435 PM EDT THU OCT 04 2018

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 91 DEGREES WAS SET AT ATLANTA TODAY.
THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 91 SET IN 1954.

I literally screamed that a little awhile ago. 

5 hours ago, LithiaWx said:

Forecast for 92 today.  Record high is 95 set in 1954. What a brutal early October that year was!  I’ve lived here most of my life and I’m 37.  I can’t remember a hot stretch that lingered into what appears to be mid October.  Enough is enough where the fook are the crisp dew points. 

My frustration level is about as high as it gets. This is some absolutely sickening garbage. There are things i need to get done but i can't find the will power to do it in this absurd heat. Can't believe we are having to put up with this type of heat  in freaking october. It's already 91 here...so not just dealing with 90 degree heat, but MID 90s.....ffc is forecasting mid 94 for athens today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lookout said:

I literally screamed that a little awhile ago. 

My frustration level is about as high as it gets. This is some absolutely sickening garbage. There are things i need to get done but i can't find the will power to do it in this absurd heat. Can't believe we are having to put up with this type of heat  in freaking october. It's already 91 here...so not just dealing with 90 degree heat, but MID 90s.....ffc is forecasting mid 94 for athens today. 

My stepdaughter in Watertown, NY reported a low of 35 this morning.