• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

51 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Matt! That is awesome. You are in an awesome area, it’s gonna be great to live vicariously through you!
I have a buddy with a camp on Brantingham Lake, you very far from there?

Thanks! Weatherbo, from the Great Lakes sub, inspired me when he moved to the UP of Michigan.

Tons of snow here, and much closer to family in PA.

I am located right on the Oswego/Lewis county line...northwest of Osceola and east of Redfield..right between the two.

I would add UP of Michigan as well, some of the hills get crushed..Dream spot when I was growing up was Marquette lol

The Upper Peninsula Snowbelt

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan features one of the largest and most distinct snowbelts in the United States. Due to their large area and depth, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, and Lake Huron freeze less completely. With open lake water throughout the winter months, lake-effect snow can fall continually across the Upper Peninsula and Canadian snowbelts. From the Porcupine Mountains and the Keweenaw Peninsula to Whitefish Point, snowfall is dramatically enhanced by lake effects. In some areas, annual snowfall totals commonly exceed 250 inches (635 cm) per year. The Keweenaw Peninsula, which averages more snowfall than any location in the United States east of the Mississippi River, owes much of its winter snowfall to lake effects.