Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

.WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
10 AM EST SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches
  expected.

* WHERE...The Eastern Lake Ontario Region, mainly over the Tug
  Hill Plateau.

* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 10 AM EST Saturday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The
  hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute.

Are you getting any additional accumulation? Still just a few spotty flakes mixing in here. Rain has almost erased the little snow pack we had.

I’m with Nash let’s torch for a week after Thanksgiving and press the reset button first week of December and try again...

That band produced mostly rain mixed with wet flakes around Lackawanna. Picked up a little away from lakeshore but nothing was really sticking that well.

Just measured, 14.5"...1.44" liquid. 10.1:1 ratio. Though disclaimer...the snow gauge was overflowing with snow. It only holds 12"
Guess it had no problem accumulating, lol, glad you got almost the same as me, Nice. I dont have anything that has 4x4 or AWD so I need a plow, but try getting one to come to a residential neighborhood, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I can't wait to get up there for a big event. :weenie: 

I can't wait for a big event! It will be my first one here. :)

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Hrrr trending a little colder, keeping temperatures around 33/34..

1”-2” verbatim, more obviously towards Matt, let’s see how this pans out..

Snowing pretty good now with hardly anything on radar..

795C8F31-802A-4497-A304-486AF95D7450.png

Nice. I am right on the Lewis County line, so I am JUST in that darkest blue.

Dumping snow again! Funny that the WWA doesn't start til 6, as we are getting several inches this afternoon.

Hope you Buffalo folks get a surprise.

21 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Go cold, all Winter long, simple as that, lol!  Wire to Wire cold and snow with an obvious warm up or 2 relative to avg's at the time.

Wire to wire cold means that by January 20, Lake Erie will be locked up with solid ice from Buffalo Inner Harbor to Grosse Ile. I’m not interested in frigid winter days with cloudless skies, total sunshine, and ripping winds for half of the meteorological winter. If I wanted brutal cold, bright sunshine, and a 20 inch seasonal snowfall total, I would live in Minnesota.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

By late Feb I want spring to come. Late Nov-Feb is my favorite time of the year outside of the summer. Nothing beats lake effect season. 

Totals from the event:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BUF&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

30 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

By late Feb I want spring to come. Late Nov-Feb is my favorite time of the year outside of the summer. Nothing beats lake effect season. 

Totals from the event:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BUF&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

3 ESE Irondequoit      4.3   642 AM 11/16  Trained Spotter

But somehow Dave got over a foot?  Dave go find this person and teach him how to measure, lol!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

3 ESE Irondequoit      4.3   642 AM 11/16  Trained Spotter

But somehow Dave got over a foot?  Dave go find this person and teach him how to measure, lol!

I was at my folks last night. In Pittsford/ Victor area. I went there because I knew they were in a better spot with this one. My measurements were In line with all the other measurements from that area. I’m sure areas in Ironndequoit did much, much worse. 

Glad you had a great event. I don’t know what your emotional problems are but you flip between being funny and a complete jerk by the minute. You randomly lash out at several members on this board. It’s more common when you’re busting- this storm you were winning. What gives? Get ahold of yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1