• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Returns are now starting to head NW from the SE so that's a change, indicative perhaps of this system starting to somewhat pivot and then starts its Eastward trek, thats how I'm reading it but if we stay under these returns like the EURO has us.  Good night Irene as there's gonna be a lot of annoyed ppl tomorrow morning when thier buried in their driveways, lol!

• Haha 1

you really think we have the potential to reach a foot? the returns i see on radar look like there going due north to slightly north -northeast..im not seeing that se- to nw flow ? yea the models very accurately predicted the location of the banding..very nicely done...oswego county is definitly one of the counties in the sweetspot for this storm

Its 6:30 just took several measurements around the crib due to drifting and what not. After 6 measurements, then averaging the 6 got me to 13,7" for the event as a whole.  I busted super l;ow in the Cuse so we'll see how everyone did a bit later.  Pics upcoming and I'm absolutely buried.  All-in-all an awesome event, even with a bit o taint, but that taint really helped us out in the end, so good for us being so close to the taint!

My wife just took the dog out and had a difficult time walking him around our neighborhood. The town plow was plowing our development and she said he was having a hard time pushing the heavy snow. The driver told her and she concurs there’s around a foot of snow. I’ll go out in a while and try to get a better measurement. 

33 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

My wife just took the dog out and had a difficult time walking him around our neighborhood. The town plow was plowing our development and she said he was having a hard time pushing the heavy snow. The driver told her and she concurs there’s around a foot of snow. I’ll go out in a while and try to get a better measurement. 

Just measured, 14.5"...1.44" liquid. 10.1:1 ratio. Though disclaimer...the snow gauge was overflowing with snow. It only holds 12"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

blower just **** the bed, do you believe this ****e, and I cant even get out to go grab another or repair this one, ugh!  One part of the season that I despise is dealing with vehicles. Wish I lived somewhere where a snowmobile was the only means of transportation, lol!

You have a pickup truck? Mine isnt big but when I'm done u can give it a go...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Officially 2.5” here on the board this morning. Guess my grass is long as it’s still sticking up through the slop in the yard... BW you still getting snow in that lake band? When it pushed through here earlier we just had plain old rain...

It's mixing between wet snow/rain right now. Places like Springville have over 30" on the year and it's only November 16th. 

49 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Just measured, 14.5"...1.44" liquid. 10.1:1 ratio. Though disclaimer...the snow gauge was overflowing with snow. It only holds 12"

Good stuff max. I haven't done the core sample yet but I'm thinking 1:6-8 Ratio here. Just slop, especially with the Lake effect rain falling on it now. 

Alleghany and Wyoming county in WNY got over a foot.

...Allegany County...
   Andover               12.0   530 AM 11/16  Social Media

...Cayuga County...
   Port Byron            15.0   555 AM 11/16  Social Media

...Chautauqua County...
   Jamestown              6.2   633 AM 11/16  Trained Spotter
   Fredonia               4.0   300 AM 11/16  Trained Spotter

...Erie County...
   Sardinia               8.5   649 AM 11/16  TRAINED SPOTTER

...Livingston County...
   Lima                  11.5   500 AM 11/16  Trained Spotter
   Conesus               10.0   523 AM 11/16  Broadcast Media