• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

8 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Didn't start at my crib till 7:30 so it hasn't been snowing for 5 hrs? That means it started around rush hr and that's just wrong, sorry bro. You all can be concerned, I'm not.  My 8" I got forecasted should work out, but I may bust big time, so we'll see."

First flakes driving out of Syracuse we’re about 5:15pm. So, by the time it started IMBY was maybe closer to 6pm? I stopped at store for a bit. So maybe 4.5 hrs not 5. We’ve had impressive radar returns past few hours with zip sh*t to show for it. If you looked at radar closely the last couple of hours, the heavier returns were having problems moving north past Syracuse. So 4.5 hours and 1.25”...not exactly a snowstorm...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

First flakes driving out of Syracuse we’re about 5:15pm. So, by the time it started IMBY was maybe closer to 6pm? I stopped at store for a bit. So maybe 4.5 hrs not 5. We’ve had impressive radar returns past few hours with zip sh*t to show for it. If you looked at radar closely the last couple of hours, the heavier returns were having problems moving north past Syracuse. So 4.5 hours and 1.25”...not exactly a snowstorm...

Its not a convective LES band with 2-3"/hr rates, lol!  Its a Synoptic event but whatever bro, when your snow blowing 10" in the AM, I'll be laughing my azz off!

5 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

KBUF could still see 4-5" easily after 4 hrs of rain, lol!

Radar returns south of here look decent. You can see the falling pressures near New Jersey as the coastal takes over. It allows the overriding warm air in the atmosphere from the primary low to diminish as the coastal takes over. Should be snow for most locations here on out as the primary low weakens. The primary low hung on a little longer than models predicted and as a result more warm air in the atmosphere and thus more sleet, FR, and even rain along coastal plains. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Its not a convective LES band with 2-3"/hr rates, lol!  Its a Synoptic event but whatever bro, when your snow blowing 10" in the AM, I'll be laughing my azz off!

We shall see. I can see 6” or so but anything more depends on whether banding develops and where...check this radar shot out. Heavy yellow overhead my place...and I’ll say dendrite size is good...but weirdly not that many of them. Visibility about 1/3rd mile.  I’m not trusting radar returns for whatever reason. Not sure if there is some mid level dry air or warm nose intrusion right now.

203B6468-25D4-480E-A8AD-5307CF9816C4.png

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Based on radar I think hdps has best handle on banding. Newest run of model shows 2 bands in in roc one in syr

hrdps_asnow_neus_12.png

Those bands get stuck in the pivot. As the storm changes its trajectory from east to north, they will stall somewhere. They are probably starting that process now. I hope. 

Ive been out driving around the past few hours.  So I’ve missed all the banter. The snow has picked up big Time the last half hour. Probably right around 1” an hour stuff with heaviest returns still south. The roads are horrific. Very few plows out. There is waaaaay more moisture over wny than I ever thought there would be with this system. I think buffalo will redeem itself yet. 

• Like 3