• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

I said 1-3" for Buffalo and that was being generous, not sure who expected more. 

I didn’t, I guessed 2.8” for KBUF yesterday and said I think a mix will be a problem. I was just shocked to see plain rain honestly. 

Looking at radar from the Northeast it’s pretty crazy to see it’s snowing to the north, south, east, and west of us and we’re in our own little bubble of slightly above freezing temperatures aloft causing our misfortune. 

11 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

BW be honest that 1 to 3 was QPF driven in your accumulation forecast because no one had this much warn air getting this entrenched into the system...wer3 going to see between .5 and .7 QPF on the Niagara frontier and half of that is being washed down the drain.

I said thermals would be an issue and they were. 

10 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

BW be honest that 1 to 3 was QPF driven in your accumulation forecast because no one had this much warn air getting this entrenched into the system...wer3 going to see between .5 and .7 QPF on the Niagara frontier and half of that is being washed down the drain.

No forecast called for PLAIN rain especially not for this long.It’s 7:15 and still just plain rain outside with no sign of a changeover in correlation coefficient... I didn’t think we’d see as much QPF as we are but figured we mix a little bit but not this much. I could be wrong but I don’t see how we changeover before 10pm at this point if not later and by then we’ll have wasted a majority of our QPF. 

What’s it doing around BUF for everyone? Just left work on the east side Broadway Bailey area and it was moderate freezing rain I actually had to scrape quite a bit of ice off my truck windows... Got home to South Buffalo and it was sleet pellets no sign of freezing rain... Talk about being board line temps for p type. Guess my overachiever call is gonna FLOP!

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

What’s it doing around BUF for everyone? Just left work on the east side Broadway Bailey area and it was moderate freezing rain I actually had to scrape quite a bit of ice off my truck windows... Got home to South Buffalo and it was sleet pellets no sign of freezing rain... Talk about being board line temps for p type. Guess my overachiever call is gonna FLOP!

Plain rain and temperature is UP to 33.2 degrees in WS. 

Driving now, conditions aren't too bad and it looks like it just started to get a bit more heavier than what it's been doing the last hour or so but it's definitely accumulating on all surfaces and fast. All roads are completely covered pretty much everywhere and from the looks of the radar it looks like it's just going to get heavier and steadier as the night progresses. I think the amounts. The National Weather Service and most of us predicted for the Syracuse area and surrounding suburbs 6 to 10 in and I think that may pen out pretty good so all in all we'll see what happens

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I didn’t even have time to get my snowboards out in the yard yet as I’ve still been wrangling leaves. Guess I’ll just have to wing it when it’s comes to measurements. Speaking of leaves, the plows are going to be plowing huge piles of leaves all over tonight. It’s going to be a giant mess come tomorrow. Haha. 

15 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Alright... weekend lake effect potential for KBUF... over/under 1”? emoji848.png

This pattern came too soon. The lake will be well below average and Buffalo will have a 2-3 week window to cash in on a big LES event in December before the lake freezes. The El Niño is also strengthening rapidly which will likely lead to an early spring. I might be wrong on my snowfall call for the year.