• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Honestly, that was a great 0z suite of runs. Most of us got a boost in QPF. Ensembles look good too. This storm is looking quite a bit more impressive. 

I’m wondering if BUF will upgrade to warnings, especially Gennessee valley and East. Wayne county looks real nice Tim! 

They sure did.

Woke up way too early because my internal clock said it was time to check the new nws discussion...and model runs...and the forum...

Oh, the excitement of the first region-wide snow storm.

We now enter the season of sleepless nights...especially where I live!  Lol

• Like 3

This has become a very exciting start to the winter (were still 36 days away from the solstice) and all the indications are pointing to a blockbuster winter that could be talked about with some of the top analogs like 77 or 03...looks good for a white Thanksgiving for most and that hasn't been the case for years. Game on.

• Like 1

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

Not that it matters but Mike Cejka from channel 4 here in Buffalo has 3-5" for Niagara County, then 2-4" for Buffalo (Northern Erie) and for Genesee County which makes no sense what so ever. 

I've noticed a precipitous drop in the forecasting on WIVB in the past few years, to the point where I question more than I believe. The model showed a clear 4.1 at KBUF and yet he goes lower even though he mentions it will remain all snow and there's been a bump in QPF...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I've noticed a precipitous drop in the forecasting on WIVB in the past few years, to the point where I question more than I believe. The model showed a clear 4.1 at KBUF and yet he goes lower even though he mentions it will remain all snow and there's been a bump in QPF...

Likely because Don Paul left. Still like Mike Cejka he has a very great on air personality but I agree some of the forecasting on WIVB is head scratching. Channel 7 actually has the best team of mets I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

This has become a very exciting start to the winter (were still 36 days away from the solstice) and all the indications are pointing to a blockbuster winter that could be talked about with some of the top analogs like 77 or 03...looks good for a white Thanksgiving for most and that hasn't been the case for years. Game on.

We had 20" of snow on 11/21-22/2016 and 14" on ground Thanksgiving that year, which was the 24th IMBY. I think all of us in CNY had similar numbers. That was by far the snowiest Thanksgiving since I've been here, 15 years. This may come in 2nd.