• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

10 minutes ago, mattny88 said:

thanks to all..yes sir we have all sectors of the region getting covered...nothing beats checking the radar and looking at your window in real time to provide updates and so forth...hey cny-lesfreak i have a ?..speaking of the wind flor being 295 currently..do you have a localized map that provides this cny area of the wind vector based on the flow..i have followed this forum for a while without ever registering and i want to say last year i recall seeing such a map that had a great visual of what the lake effect wind flow looked like and tried to go back to look it up but couldnt find the map..thanks bud

Think about it in terms of a full 360 degree circle. Any flow between 181 and 270 degrees would be a SW to W wind direction. A flow between 270 and 359 degrees would be a west to northwest flow. 180 is directly from the south, 270 is directly from the west, and 360 is directly north.

thanks wolfie and matty you guys are awesome..exactly what i was looking for...hey so the 2 snow maps i just sent above...i noticed there are differences between the 2 major news outlets wsyr news channel 9 and cny central weather team...for example take on the wsyr map of where would be the city of oswego and look at the few mile variance of where the city is located and then where they have the 8-12, 4-8, and 2-4 inch range..for city of oswego itself, personally if you were to put a number on it...based on your guys experiences how much snow do you think the city of oswego will receive..based on those maps the variance between the bullseye and 2-4 is only but a few miles...i can tell you with this storm my gut is telling me fair haven, fulton, hannibal, cato over to pheonix..that corridor where the population seems to be more remote will be the most hardest hit areas..i want to know your guys thoughts...also lets talk about the current radar returns..that band that is forming is not the same band that will be affecting us in the wee morning of the hours is it..i noticed molly mattott on cny central talk about the band meagering a little as opposed to being stationary like they were previously forcasting

Its pounding right now with at least an 1" down but I'll go out and check.  It;s sticking with no issues either on road surfaces as well so tomorrows commute may be quite treacherous because they weren't even talking about the snow being all that heavy till the morning hours, like between 4-10 AM so i hope this is gravy then Thursday, wow!

Temps already down to 30 with dews in the mid 20's so it'll drop a few more degrees to about 28 or so there should be no issues sticking.

NWS has Mexico getting 2" when they can see that in a few hrs this evening, lol, yeah good map though, perhaps they should now change it, lol!  Anybody who was venturing out tonight and they looked at that map a few hrs ago when it said Oswego cty, North of about Palermo would be fine, but that's definitely NOT the case is it.  This was my point to my post before.

yea in oswego its just flurries..the alledged band that showed up on radar was quite deceiving or maybe some virga and it moistening up the upper layers cause the rate of intensity was just not there with that little moisture that came through..so you think so huh cny lesfreak more of a wnwesterly component..i hope so even tho all the models tend to suggest otherwise..speaking of models what site do you guys use??? will nws update their map you think or no?

yea minetto and points north look to get the short end of the stick this go around..winds are veering more northwest and becoming better aligned with computer models..i was hoping city of oswego would get hit now and then as the bands usually do there meandering north and south but even then i just think were a tad too far north this go around..whats your thoughts on city of oswego.. cny-lesfreak? keep the pictures coming man and updates...hows the dendrite growth of the snow..are they the typical fine granular flakes that the lake produces?

Everything so far has been pretty much as planned but I think I'm starting to see a suttle shift to the South which would even hurt me as I'm just to the SW of Central Square by a mile or 2.  I'm nearing 4.5-5", pictures to come soon but the wind is quite calm indicative of me being in the middle of the band.  I don't see this band ever really heading North than where it is now for any length of time but South is a very different story as I think KSYR really gets in on the action come the wee hours of the morning through about midday, but that can change, as LES is very fickle.  

Snow Squall Parameter

snsq.gif?1542173902754

Heavy snow currently falling with a temp of 28F, and falling it seems like. Once again the flakes are perfect for accumulating sufficiently. Actually, some of the best flakes I've seen in a LES storm but that usually happens in November but it gets like styrofoam in Jan-Feb, lol. I am literally straddling the Northern most fringe of this band as the snow shuts off I'd say about 5-10 miles to my North, if that far. I just took another glance at the radar and it looks like more action is building over the Lake, so everyone might get in on some showers action real soon, but it continues to snow hard here! I'm a happy camper right now cause it's not often that a band stays overhead for too long as I'm in a transition zone, but we get em when we have a several lake connections seeding this beast! Lake Superior, Huron, Georgian Bay and ever Michigan to an extent because it's all converging right here, lol.

2f8c139b65ebdbd215f81cef7f7365a8.jpg
1c36d3315b64a2b524accbbea3d02fc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2