• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wow. If the Lake effect happens tonight, and something like the Euro is showing happens for Friday, Syracuse over to Madison county could have some of the deepest snow depths in the state.

There's no if Matt, there's where cause its already starting right on que!

Someone is in line to get well over a foot with tonight's event and it looks like it does so with ease.  Very heavy snow within some of these passing squalls and the dendrites are just perfect for accumulating

10 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Looks like KSYR can hit the 9" avg snowfall for November between overnight tonight and then Thursday night. Not bad although cant say I'm thrilled about winter arriving so early, again. I need a hot tub.

Yes you do, so I can come ova and chill in that ****er with a tall boy, lol!  Your getting pounded tonight bro and KSYR will be well over their 9" avg for the month.

• Like 1

Hey guys im new to this amerian weather forum... im from oswego ny and i am a huge winter weather enthusiast particularly for pure lake effect snow events..so lets get this forum going full tilt tonight shall we.. anybody want to take and how much you think being up here lakeside right on the water in oswego will receive.. i currently am looking at the radar loop and the lake band is starting to come onshore and intensity about 15 miles to my southeast near the northeast wayne/cayuga county border on a northwest wind...ive tend to noticed the city of oswego itself gets slammed good with more of a west-northwest wind..so i need that band to wiggle north for a few hours to get a few inches out of it..whats everyones thoughts

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mattny88 said:

Hey guys im new to this amerian weather forum... im from oswego ny and i am a huge winter weather enthusiast particularly for pure lake effect snow events..so lets get this forum going full tilt tonight shall we.. anybody want to take and how much you think being up here lakeside right on the water in oswego will receive.. i currently am looking at the radar loop and the lake band is starting to come onshore and intensity about 15 miles to my southeast near the northeast wayne/cayuga county border on a northwest wind...ive tend to noticed the city of oswego itself gets slammed good with more of a west-northwest wind..so i need that band to wiggle north for a few hours to get a few inches out of it..whats everyones thoughts

Welcome! Nice to have a poster from Oswego! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yes, it is. Welcome, Matty. I am loving that we have posters from different sections of Oswego county.

You guys have more posters there then here despite the population differences. The majority in Buffalo hate the snow. Only a few of my friends enjoy it, the rest can not wait for jet ski season. 

• Like 1

thanks to all..yes sir we have all sectors of the region getting covered...nothing beats checking the radar and looking at your window in real time to provide updates and so forth...hey cny-lesfreak i have a ?..speaking of the wind flor being 295 currently..do you have a localized map that provides this cny area of the wind vector based on the flow..i have followed this forum for a while without ever registering and i want to say last year i recall seeing such a map that had a great visual of what the lake effect wind flow looked like and tried to go back to look it up but couldnt find the map..thanks bud

yea oswego is really unique..because you think being close to the lake we get alot of lake effect which im not denying because we do...but in my 6 years having lived here now i tend to notice that during a high wind lake effect event the the lake effect will actually deposit the snow quite a few miles inland towards fulton and your location down in clay... and kind of skip the immediate lakeshore locales..also the close proximity to the lake more often then not hinders early season snowfall and more of the mixed variety rather then snow actually sticking even compared to other lower elevation towns like fulton...just interesting the locality of the lake and its influences so locally

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You guys have more posters there then here despite the population differences. The majority in Buffalo hate the snow. Only a few of my friends enjoy it, the rest can not wait for jet ski season. 

Many people I have met in Oswego county...particularly in Orwell, Redfield, and Boylston areas, enjoy the snow. Anybody who hates snow has moved or avoids the area. Lol

• Haha 1