• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Depends where u live. i pay 4000 a year on a total of 4100 sq foot (including finished basemet/attick) home with 3.5 acres. my in-laws pay 9000 a year in nj to get not even half that lol I moved to ny state because of the property taxes haha

Pay in NY state is actually not bad imo, where else in the NE do fast food workers get 12-13 an hr lol 

I heard Target employees are getting $15 an hour in 2020. Fast food employees should be there by 2022. 

New York is the highest taxed state in the country in order of total tax burden. 2% higher then the 2nd ranked state in Hawaii, and people keep electing the same people. ^_^

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/

Property tax burden: 4.62 percent 
Individual income tax burden: 4.78 percent 
Total sales and excise tax burden: 3.64 percent

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Depends where u live. i pay 4000 a year on a total of 4100 sq foot (including finished basemet/attick) home with 3.5 acres. my in-laws pay 9000 a year in nj to get not even half that lol I moved to ny state because of the property taxes haha

Pay in NY state is actually not bad imo, where else in the NE do fast food workers get 12-13 an hr lol 

You guys are making me depressed.  I pay 5000 in taxes on a 1500 square foot home on a 1/3 acre.  House cost 120k.   I'm getting killed.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

You guys are making me depressed.  I pay 5000 in taxes on a 1500 square foot home on a 1/3 acre.  House cost 120k.   I'm getting killed.

I have lived in low property/low income tax states. The schools were horrible, senior services were non-existent, and they put a 9% sales tax on everything, including groceries. You pay for it one way or another.

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

There is a kid named Ninja streaming Fortnite that makes 20 million a year. People watch him play video games and he makes that much money per year. Life isn't fair lol. 

True, but begrudging the lowest paid employees a raise when rich people are walking off with nearly everything is mixed up priorities

• Like 2

Just now, WNash said:

True, but begrudging the lowest paid employees a raise when rich people are walking off with nearly everything is mixed up priorities

I completely agree with this. But the 1% control the world and there is no way to stop it. The rich have controlled the world since humans existed. It never trickles down to the people that do the most work. 

• Like 1

I completely agree with this. But the 1% control the world and there is no way to stop it. The rich have controlled the world since humans existed. It never trickles down to the people that do the most work. 

Strong disagree - that's what they want us to think, because we'll feel hopeless and fight each other for their crumbs. 

Anyhow, let's not derail the wx discussion. I'll move on.

3 minutes ago, WNash said:

Strong disagree - that's what they want us to think, because we'll feel hopeless and fight each other for their crumbs. 

Anyhow, let's not derail the wx discussion. I'll move on.

I hope you're right and hope change is coming. I just feel like politics are completely controlled by the rich. The political and economic system are ridiculously corrupt. But I will as well move on. Looks like our first LES event Fri-Sunday next week!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_37.png

I hope you're right and hope change is coming. I just feel like politics are completely controlled by the rich. The political and economic system is insanely corrupt. But I will as well move on. Looks like our first LES event Thurs-Sunday next week!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_37.png

I'll be out of town, which is a guarantee it'll veer north to the city!

• Haha 4

Yeah, so am I, I dont know what these guys are speaking of, lol. I get raped every day of my life living in this state but when your born and raised here, its tough to just leave.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I mean what do we even do with that??? That would only be 3 days before snowvember 14 so that is a legit threat/possibility. I'm going to need a bigger hot dog bun...

It's not nearly as cold as Nov. 14. It would be a small event, if its anything at all. Also the November event was Nov 17-20th 2014. 

Thought this was pretty neat..

Have you ever heard that the atmosphere is fluid? Check out these Kelvin–Helmholtz instabilities that were taken over southern Missouri by pilot Shawn McCauley! These clouds look like breaking waves in the ocean, because it is the same physical process.

DrAch9nX0AI9-n6.jpg

Starting to see some hints from the WPC day 7..

prbww_sn25_DAY7.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Thought this was pretty neat..

Have you ever heard that the atmosphere is fluid? Check out these Kelvin–Helmholtz instabilities that were taken over southern Missouri by pilot Shawn McCauley! These clouds look like breaking waves in the ocean, because it is the same physical process.

DrAch9nX0AI9-n6.jpg

Starting to see some hints from the WPC day 7..

prbww_sn25_DAY7.gif

I saw this on Facebook, incredible stuff.