• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

For the first time this year Williamsville has hit the freezing mark. Nice coat of frost on car windshield. Now if the grass would just stop growing...

32 degrees with a nice thick frost here, I second that about that grass, hopefully I can cut it one last time today and be done for the year and get the snowblower tuned up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

32 degrees with a nice thick frost here, I second that about that grass, hopefully I can cut it one last time today and be done for the year and get the snowblower tuned up!

Thats wishful thinking, it seems like it always needs one last cut and tuneup somewhere around Thanksgiving regardless of what kind of weather we get in November.  

And yup to the snowblower tune up, that was on the list this past weekend.  I hate old carburetors, but I won the battle this time around!

56 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Gotta say I'm a bit surprised about something mike cjaika on WIVB on this weekend's noreaster says the reason we aren't looking at an early season snow storm is there is not enough cold air in Canada to pull down...hasnt Canada been very cold this fall with AN snowfall? Where is all the cold air?

It's across the Northeast for next few days, but it's to early on in the season to get snow aside from higher elevations. Maine is going to be getting a pretty big snowstorm out of this. You need higher latitude or elevation for appreciable snow before November. 

ecmwf-ens_T850a_namer_3.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Why we looking for snow before Thanksgiving anyway? If it does snow it's going to fall and be gone in 3 days anyway who wants that, certainly not me! Bring the rain, the more rain in the fall the better!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Um no.  Give me snow, even if it only last a few hours.  What is your basis behind the more rain the better in the fall?   

How about this, just give us interesting weather.  If its going to rain, give me storms and flooding.  If its going to snow, make it intense and deep.  If its going to be windy, give me gusts over 60.  

• Like 5

Man the radar is impressively lighting up big time ESE of LO, nice! Like everyone has said already, I wish it was a month from now, lol, that's for damn sure. This would be a quick 2-4 3-6 incher right here forming.

It actually would of been a lot more than 2-4 or for that matter 3-6, lol, but I'm sure something like that only happens when the cold air is bottlenecked up in CA!

Another day and another day with sleet lol Mostly light to at times moderate rain..
Good to see the area do well under a NW flow, about 1/4 liquid throughout the day, typical NW regime..
6121E207-5EA4-41E9-8F25-BB5873B95819.thumb.gif.897a8473b33a6e17617a18a14b9f49cc.gif
Is that your new location Wolf? If so, that is awesome to say the least, as you'll get hit from almost every direction the wind wishes to veer, lol! Some good LES gettogethers may be possible now that there's someone up there.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Is that your new location Wolf? If so, that is awesome to say the least, as you'll get hit from almost every direction the wind wishes to veer, lol! Some good LES gettogethers may be possible now that there's someone up there.

I just moved to Redfield this summer. So there are a couple of us in the belt.

So far, not impressed at all with NW flow in this area...

Awesome, so these a couple of spots to stop off, for some hot chocolate and a fresh radar view ! Yeah, it's still early though Matt so I doubt you'll be disappointed come the middle of December into the middle of January. Remember Lake Ontario never freezes, so there are chances all the way up until February, so I trust you'll be satisfied by Marvh, lol!

I just moved to Redfield this summer. So there are a couple of us in the belt.
So far, not impressed at all with NW flow in this area...

Where did all the cold air go that was in Canada, lol? It gets wiped out completely with this upcoming system. Looks like a complete washout, which was a given but I gotta say, the globals pegged this sucker from 10 days out. That to me is a good sign of things to come. Maybe now we can actually take the model at least 5 days out with some kind of certainty, perhaps 40%.