• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

October Discobs Thread

Where's the wind this morning? Calm and fall like in my yard. So glad that hot and wet pattern has now become cool and wet pattern. Hopefully it turns into a cold and snowy pattern in a couple months. 

• Like 3

2.63" total here.

Was pretty windy early this AM. Lots of tree debris and small branches scattered around.

Most importantly, the absurd warmth and humidity is finally gone. Blessed relief!  Here is to hoping we don't see any persistent east coast/WA ridging until next June.

• Like 2

^ What a difference a day makes...nice is right .

Saw this setup on last nights Gfs ..fantasy range but looks like a winter type setup. Low pressure organizing in the gulf and confluence over the northeast locking in some  cold . Seeing little hints of winter like this get me excited for a busy season.............hopefully lol

gfs_z500_vort_namer_52.png

• Like 1

Lost power for about 9 hours down here last night. Impressive winds most of the night. Measured ~40G55 nearby. Lots of lightning and very heavy rain. 3.54"

• Like 1

4.04 total. But I don't think the wind got more than about 40 miles per hour. Even with the full Leaf canopy, the wind wasn't terribly loud. Comparing it to March 2nd that is

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

^ What a difference a day makes...nice is right .

Saw this setup on last nights Gfs ..fantasy range but looks like a winter type setup. Low pressure organizing in the gulf and confluence over the northeast locking in some  cold . Seeing little hints of winter like this get me excited for a busy season.............hopefully lol

gfs_z500_vort_namer_52.png

Me too, but let's save that until Thanksgiving.

59 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Got down to 53. Currently 54. Took off today...been sitting out on deck enjoying the cool breezes ( and 44 Dew point ) and drinking a cold beer .

Breakfast stout?

I probably would have gone with a bloody mary. Goes good with an omelette.

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Breakfast stout?

I probably would have gone with a bloody mary. Goes good with an omelette.

Actually..no stout just a Yuengling light . Haven't had breakfast yet ( I'm on what you call a  liquid diet:)) .Thinking of hitting Octoberfest at M+T bank stadium tomorrow at noon:pepsi:

• Like 1

.55" of rain yesterday. low of 53 this morning.

may flirt with upper 30s for a sunday morning low

3.89" storm total.  Highest reported nearby gust 47.   Minor flooding throughout Talbot County. Looks like Dorchester County might have had a few places gust close to 60. 

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Got down to 53. Currently 54. Took off today...been sitting out on deck enjoying the cool breezes ( and 44 Dew point ) and drinking a cold beer .

What a glorious way to spend a day like today. 

• Like 1

Quite the contrast from last year. On this date 10/12/2017, last year, I had 34.8 in of precip for the year.

This year, so far, 64.27. That's incredible.  

• Like 1

Speaking of winter... Some snow appearing on radar in the Catskills and other high elevation areas.

The constant cold blasts on the GFS has early snow written all over it (close enough)