Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs Thread

George BM

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Tony Pann tweeting chance for rain snow mix in the Baltimore metro late Sunday into Monday. 

GFS and FV3 GFS have surface temps near 50 and 850 0 line a few hundred miles away. GGEM is upper 40s and similar 850s.

what the f-ck is he talking about!?

Storm will make it's own cold air.  Meteorology 101.

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Tony Pann tweeting chance for rain snow mix in the Baltimore metro late Sunday into Monday. 

GFS and FV3 GFS have surface temps near 50 and 850 0 line a few hundred miles away. GGEM is upper 40s and similar 850s.

He's gone loopy. I think he's trying to fill the space that Justin Berk once occupied. And it's weird because he spent so many years wish-casting away any snow chances.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM, BristowWx said:

The WPC watches and warnings map is a sight this morning.  practically nothing going on any where of any kind in any part of the US.  October calm I suppose. 

Practically nothing again today nation-wide, apart from some off-shore stuff on both coasts.  Hope this the proverbial calm before the storm/s and I'm not referring to this coming weekend.  We need an active pattern with split-flow and some phasing to juice things up... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

WBAL & WJZ are the worst crop of on air mets I've ever seen.  They are an embarrassment to the field of meteorology. Adrienne Green at ABC 2 is solid.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Currently 35. Almost feels like snow.  3k upped the ante on wind with gusts to 50 early am tomorrow in central Md . I wonder if its overdone.  Euro gets the area into 45 mph gust range .

3k says high of only near 40 tomorrow n+w

35 for me too as the low. looks wet and windy tonight/tomorrow. don't think my kid will be playing her last soccer game tomorrow morning. fine by me!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

We’d be jumping if this was a winter storm. Secondary low looks to stay alive now up towards Pittsburgh instead of merging entirely with the coastal.

Yea that plus the dry air in place is really eating the leading part of the storm up.  Reallllly hope this isn't a sign of things to come this winter.  Yikes.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

I love how he only shows the forecast snow out to HR 65, which is Sunday evening. The full run of the Deep Thunder has ZERO snow for anywhere close to BWI.

Nothing even remotely hints at the possibility of a rain/snow mix for that far south... Seriously, WTF is he smoking? 

mgWeb_WRF_20181026-120000_ANEUS_EMPAS_F01440000_PwinterSnow_R15km.jpg

• Like 1

I love how he only shows the forecast snow out to HR 65, which is Sunday evening. The full run of the Deep Thunder has ZERO snow for anywhere close to BWI.

Nothing even remotely hints at the possibility of a rain/snow mix for that far south... Seriously, WTF is he smoking? 
mgWeb_WRF_20181026-120000_ANEUS_EMPAS_F01440000_PwinterSnow_R15km.jpg.631e96a392611f69d92d96424e1ae9d0.jpg

Where did you get the full run of Deep Thunder?

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Where did you get the full run of Deep Thunder?

It's from WSI, our weather computer vendor at my TV station, and we get that along with the RPM in their "model lab". We also get the EURO, GFS, and GEM, but the zones are rather limited. They do, however, come in as fast as other sites, so it's still super useful during big weather events. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Oh man, give me this pattern and storm (with a further east track) two months from now.

60 days until Christmas 

Probably given the same h5 setup, 2 months from now, the low would track a bit further east and with colder air in place, well, you know..

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic