• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs Thread

George BM

Wind Advisories hoisted by NWS Pitt for Garrett/Preston/Tucker/etc for sustained 15-25 & gusts to 50.  Pitt increased my P&C to 1-3” tonight.  Hopefully a preview of an active winter for our entire forum.  

ETA:  LWX rolled out Wind Advisories for the western parts of the forum and Mt. Holly for the Eastern Shore.  DC split ;) 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Wind Advisories hoisted by NWS Pitt for Garrett/Preston/Tucker/etc for sustained 15-25 & gusts to 50.  Pitt increased my P&C to 1-3” tonight.  Hopefully a preview of an active winter for our entire forum.  

ETA:  LWX rolled out Wind Advisories for the western parts of the forum and Mt. Holly for the Eastern Shore.  DC split ;) 

Yeah I will be up on the roof tomorrow applying finish to the logs on the side of the dormer, with 40+ mph wind gusts. Should be fun!

I kinda thought your area would over-perform a bit. Throw us flat landers a few pics.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I will be up on the roof tomorrow applying finish to the logs on the side of the dormer, with 40+ mph wind gusts. Should be fun!

I kinda thought your area would over-perform a bit. Throw us flat landers a few pics.

It's going to be to be rippin in the AM. Our area generally mixes well with NW winds in the fall when it's sunny. 850 wind max crosses right over us and central/se VA tomorrow morning. Don't be walking on the roof with a piece of plywood or you'll hangglide to SBY. Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

It's going to be to be rippin in the AM. Our area generally mixes well with NW winds in the fall when it's sunny. 850 wind max crosses right over us and central/se VA tomorrow morning. Don't be walking on the roof with a piece of plywood or you'll hangglide to SBY. Lol

Ha! I wont even try to describe the rig I have set up to be able to 'stick' on the steep part of my roof to get access to that side. Good thing is the winds will be blowing from the NW, and I will be in a sheltered nook on the SE side, so I should be ok.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ha! I wont even try to describe the rig I have set up to be able to 'stick' on the steep part of my roof to get access to that side. Good thing is the winds will be blowing from the NW, and I will be in a sheltered nook on the SE side, so I should be ok.

Please wait until spring at least before you fall off the roof. Might be a busy tracking winter and the sub needs you.  After the final March blizzard you can take chances again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic