• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs Thread

George BM

this summer was crazy.  i don't remember anything like this before.  i think i've seen new bug species as a result lol.  mosquitoes everywhere.  i love spring/summer, but this was overly fulfilling.  i'm actually pretty ok with cooler temps right now to reset things.

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Only 11 days away :D

P001 is a bonefied western burbs snowstorm 

P005 is also has a impressive look ..a little to far northeast but 264 hours to fine tune for a forum hit:lol:.

Joking aside I'm thinking we get a couple coastals to track the next few weeks.

Isn't pre-Veterans Day snow a bad omen for winter? ;)

• Like 1

I don't want to post this in the fall foliage picture thread, but, on the leaves, given how warm we were and how wet (and acknowledging that much of leaf change is triggered by dwindling of sunlight rather than temp), any ideas if the color season around here will be salvageable? Drove up to Franklin and Marshall in Lancaster ten days ago, and even up that way there was no color on the trees yet.

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I don't want to post this in the fall foliage picture thread, but, on the leaves, given how warm we were and how wet (and acknowledging that much of leaf change is triggered by dwindling of sunlight rather than temp), any ideas if the color season around here will be salvageable? Drove up to Franklin and Marshall in Lancaster ten days ago, and even up that way there was no color on the trees yet.

I think we see this year just how much importance temp actually plays.  We are a full 2 weeks behind schedule, if not more.

I worry that the onset of freezing temps and windy fronts will quickly strip the leaves before they've had time to reach peak.  Seems like very poor prospects for color season this year. 

1 minute ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I think we see this year just how much importance temp actually plays.  We are a full 2 weeks behind schedule, if not more.

I worry that the onset of freezing temps and windy fronts will quickly strip the leaves before they've had time to reach peak.  Seems like very poor prospects for color season this year. 

Yeah. That's my fear too. Wasn't sure if it was an unfounded fear, but at least I am not alone in having those thoughts...

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Freeze Warnings up along I-81 corridor for tonight... frost advisories for the rest of the LWX CWA including the metro areas and S MD.  Frost advisories call for lows in the mid 30s... freeze warnings call for lows in the lower 30s

My zone says 32.  We shall see.  But this is s nice start to the cold season.  The first part of October spooked me.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic