Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs Thread

George BM

22 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Another 'just missed'. I've had two new record warm minimums and 3 within a degree of the old record in last 7 days....sheesh. WHERE IS FALL?????

On its way for Friday. GFS weekend dew points in the 30s and 40s. :pantstentemoji:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

24 hours 'til fall.

Bring it already. The wait has been long and painful. Just an amazingly long lasting and awful pattern. I cannot recall anything like this in my lifetime. Yeah we can get some warm periods in late Sept into Oct, but the extended period of anomalous warmth and humidity has been remarkable. Hopefully it will be a distant memory very soon.

• Like 2

Flood Watch
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
342 PM EDT Wed Oct 10 2018

MDZ016>018-VAZ055>057-110345-
/O.NEW.KLWX.FF.A.0027.181011T1800Z-181012T1000Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Charles-St. Marys-Calvert-Stafford-Spotsylvania-King George-
Including the cities of St. Charles, Waldorf, Lexington Park,
California, Chesapeake Beach, Huntingtown, Dunkirk, North Beach,
Lusby, Prince Frederick, Falmouth, Fredericksburg, and Dahlgren
342 PM EDT Wed Oct 10 2018

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a

* Flash Flood Watch for portions of southern Maryland and
  Virginia, including the following areas, in southern Maryland,
  Calvert, Charles, and St. Marys. In Virginia, King George,
  Spotsylvania, and Stafford.

* From Thursday afternoon through late Thursday night

* Moisture associated with Hurricane Michael will be interacting
  with a cold front that is expected to move through the area
  Thursday night. Periods of showers are expected Thursday through
  Thursday night with 1 to 3 inches of rain expected with heaviest
  over southern Maryland. The period of heaviest rain is expected
  to be Thursday afternoon into Thursday evening. This amount of
  rain may result in flooding of small streams and creeks.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.

You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Missed all the Michael coverage this morning :cry:and just took a look at the 3knam and its showing  wind gusts to 40 + tomorrow evening overnight for the metros and north and west . Not exactly a total miss even  here with impacts.  A lot of loose soil still and a few trees down wouldn't surprise me if gusts to 40 verify 

It would be nice to get a rogue heavy rain band or two with those gusts.

9 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Bring it already. The wait has been long and painful. Just an amazingly long lasting and awful pattern. I cannot recall anything like this in my lifetime. Yeah we can get some warm periods in late Sept into Oct, but the extended period of anomalous warmth and humidity has been remarkable. Hopefully it will be a distant memory very soon.

If we get a longlasting wet pattern like this in the Mid Atlantic this winter, all of you living there will be literally up to your necks in snow. I think there may develop an extreme anomalous pattern in January 2019 in Washington DC that will cause a snowstorm there to stall and have an extreme influx of moisture all the way from the Caribbean and tropical Pacific that will cause Washington DC and surrounding areas to pick up an unprecedented four feet of snow.

THAT, will be only one of the anomalously extreme snowstorms in the Mid Atlantic this winter.

This is going to be a near record or an outright record snow winter in the Washington DC Metropolitan Region for no other reason, than the fact that I now reside in south central Texas lol.

BTW, today dewpoints finally fell to only 61 degrees. It felt like November in Dale City lol. Down here in Buda TX we have had highs in the 80s / dewpoints from 75 to 78 degrees for at least the past 3 weeks lol. Dale City's average high/low is now 69/49. Buda TX's average high/low is now 83/62. When I arrived in Buda on Aug 26, a Sunday afternoon at 450pm CDT, the average high/low then was 99/77. Now THAT'S hot. Since then, we have had 12.5 inches of rain here in south central TX in Sept and another 3.5 inches of rain down here so far in Oct. Welcome to a weak El Nino lol. That screams big snow winter up in the Mid Atlantic!

• Like 1

With rainfall from Michael spreading into the region, Baltimore and Washington, DC are again moving higher on their all-time annual precipitation lists.

As of 8:20 am, Baltimore's annual precipitation was 54.86". Today's rainfall allowed 2018 to surpass 2009 when 54.71" precipitation fell, for that city's 8th wettest year on record.

Washington, DC's 2018 figure had reached 49.96", tying 2018 with 1884 for Washington's 19th wettest year on record.

14 minutes ago, H2O said:

In case anyone was wondering, its still muggy as fuuck outside.  Please have this cold front do to the humid air what the Saints offense did to the Skins defense

Please, make this so. the humidity is starting to cause my hardwood floors to cup, despite keeping the AC on very cold.  Probably should get a dehumidifier.

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean, damn. Just had to walk down to the harbor and it is insane, the humidity level. Like, deep summer bad. Just, gross.

Wow,  like the heat index is 89 here and the PWATs for this day are close to if not at a record already, nuts !!!  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Forget Michael, look at that beautiful dry air advection.

(image courtesy of College of Dupage)

Capture.JPG.71a3573fae38c8db4359344f0872d2f8.JPG

So , the mold , fungus,  and mildew on the siding, on top of the landscape,  and in the grass and everywhere will be gone soon, awesome .  I am soooo happy !  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic