• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs Thread

George BM

NWS needs a dense fog advisory. I drove from Columbia, MD down to Colesville, MD in the past 25 minutes and visibility is in the toilet. Much better near water sources but elsewhere the fog is so thick I missed the exit to the ICC because I couldn't see it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

NWS needs a dense fog advisory. I drove from Columbia, MD down to Colesville, MD in the past 25 minutes and visibility is in the toilet. Much better near water sources but elsewhere the fog is so thick I missed the exit to the ICC because I couldn't see it. 

You're right.  Traveling 70 west, from the Patapsco river bridge and points west, it's really thick.

28 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You're right.  Traveling 70 west, from the Patapsco river bridge and points west, it's really thick.

Looks like they just kept the short term forecast product and no dense fog advisory. Funny thing is it doesn't even include eastern MoCo and it's plenty foggy here still - was socked in when I made that post. I guess maybe they decided it was going to be relatively short in duration. 

I can't believe I missed my exit! Sure was creepy out there. 

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Just put down grass seed so I hope that line of showers holds together.

It looks like you're getting a good soaking. We are getting some good thunder from that storm up here.

I got lucky and put my seed down two weeks ago just before we got the 8 straight days of rain, and much of what's germinated gets its first mowing tomorrow. It's come in really well.

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It looks like you're getting a good soaking. We are getting some good thunder from that storm up here.

I got lucky and put my seed down two weeks ago just before we got the 8 straight days of rain, and much of what's germinated gets its first mowing tomorrow. It's come in really well.

Knowing you there was probably a lot of seed put down. It’s great to get 8” after seeding.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Never seen black water falls with so much flow.  It is roaring.

SeyDcvn.jpg

Ironically, it is warmer up here today than back home.  Just my luck.  Full sun here. Some color in spots, but saw next to nothing below 3k feet.

Very soggy ground here, some pretty muddy trails.  Must have rained a good bit yesterday.

I should dig my photos up from a few years ago. Just going on memory the falls were ripping pretty good then too.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic