Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

The leaves are way behind schedule this year, probably as far behind as I can recall in the 15 years I've lived here.  Very little change at this point, we just had our annual Leaf Peepers Festival this past weekend -- although the festival was well attended, there wasn't much to look at unless you went up above 4k in elevation.  Whereas, last year we were at or past peak when we had the festival.

Good news is that I anticipate the leaf show to be longer lasting this year -- last year it was so dry that the leaves dropped so quickly.  We have been so warm and moist this year, which has delayed the change, but should work out for duration.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jonjon said:

The leaves are way behind schedule this year, probably as far behind as I can recall in the 15 years I've lived here.  Very little change at this point, we just had our annual Leaf Peepers Festival this past weekend -- although the festival was well attended, there wasn't much to look at unless you went up above 4k in elevation.  Whereas, last year we were at or past peak when we had the festival.

Good news is that I anticipate the leaf show to be longer lasting this year -- last year it was so dry that the leaves dropped so quickly.  We have been so warm and moist this year, which has delayed the change, but should work out for duration.

Crap, and I am heading up there this weekend.

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

Yep, there was minimal color 10 days ago in McHenry even at the top of Wisp which is ~3100'.  I'm going back this weekend so should have a bit more. 

6 hours ago, jonjon said:

Landscape still looks to me like July minus the ciicada killer ground wasps - nothing new here, just the same ole thing , even the surf is still 70 to 73 .  

3 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

It is nice to be near the end of summer, even if it isn't coming soon enough.  The latest 90 degree day on record at DCA is Oct. 11th, and the latest 70+ low is Oct. 13th.   

until next week

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic