Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Banter

George BM

15 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That’s what I was told when I moved. It’s expected you take at least one training/class every 5 years to keep it active. 

I just want a winter where we all get to send weenie snow reports :) 

good to know. ill keep an eye on it this winter and see if my reports still go through. 

23 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

All I can say is keep dreamin'. Do you realize the PV is decoupled completely from the troposphere? Sure the signs are still subtle but this is the beginning of the end for winter in DC.

Please spare us all another season of your disjointed nonsense.  The remotely entertaining value was lost long ago.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

All I can say is keep dreamin'. Do you realize the PV is decoupled completely from the troposphere? Sure the signs are still subtle but this is the beginning of the end for winter in DC.

Decoupled, huh? Tilted maybe, but it doesn't looked decoupled from what I can see. But hey, what do I know? I am not an expert when it comes to all the intricacies of the pv.

But that is besides the point. You do realize our region wants a disturbed and weakened pv and not a strong stacked top to bottom pv. Right? It's normally the difference between a -AO and a +AO. And depending where and how that weakened/disturbed pv sets up we can do very well. Now on the other hand a strong top to bottom pv, which you seem to be arguing for for snow in our region, is quite often the kiss of death for our snow chances unless it can get displaced far enough south on our side of the globe.

So besides the bunk you are throwing at us about a decoupled pv killing our winter I would like to hear about your other subtle signs. Or was that it? A decoupled pv? 

I swear, your obsession with Global Warming is beyond old. You do nothing but crap on anything/body that suggest cold/snow. So please, either chill about it or go somewhere else where there are like minded people such as yourself and spare us the pain.

• Like 2

This hobby was pure masochism before the record snow decades of the 00s and 10s. It's understandable because we live in the sub-tropics. Imagine what this hobby will become post-hsyteresis. Perhaps still interesting but in a different way.

Knowing how bad it can get. I don't want you to suffer the high expectations followed by the mental breakdown. Remember the 2016 blizzard? All rain here with the worst coastal flooding on record.

3 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

We all realize you are decoupled from reality!  How do you have time for all these posts?  Shouldn't you be putting up sand bags to keep out the rising seas or or working on your tin foil hat to combat microwaves?  

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Decoupled, huh? Tilted maybe, but it doesn't looked decoupled from what I can see. But hey, what do I know? I am not an expert when it comes to all the intricacies of the pv.

But that is besides the point. You do realize our region wants a disturbed and weakened pv and not a strong stacked top to bottom pv. Right? It's normally the difference between a -AO and a +AO. And depending where and how that weakened/disturbed pv sets up we can do very well. Now on the other hand a strong top to bottom pv, which you seem to be arguing for for snow in our region, is quite often the kiss of death for our snow chances unless it can get displaced far enough south on our side of the globe.

So besides the bunk you are throwing at us about a decoupled pv killing our winter I would like to hear about your other subtle signs. Or was that it? A decoupled pv? 

I swear, your obsession with Global Warming is beyond old. You do nothing but crap on anything/body that suggest cold/snow. So please, either chill about it or go somewhere else where there are like minded people such as yourself and spare us the pain.

Don't take the bait, he is just spewing nonsense.  

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The Ravens are mediocre, same as they have been since winning the SB. 8-8 here we come! Maybe, finally, Harbaugh will go.

I stopped watching at halftime. This team needs major changes on coaching, philosophy, and someone who knows how to draft offensive talent. Tired of passing on athleticism. O-line hasn't looked good all year IMO. Just pathetic

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like some warmish days are in the offing for the beginning of November. H5 looks a tad hostile.

Wonder if there will be any early signs of panic when we have several days in the 70s over the next 10.

I won't complain to much, have grass seed just pushing up so a few warmish days may help it along.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like some warmish days are in the offing for the beginning of November. H5 looks a tad hostile.

Wonder if there will be any early signs of panic when we have several days in the 70s over the next 10.

If people start complaining then that is on them. This warm stretch incoming has been advertised on the models for quite awhile now.

• Like 2

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

I stopped watching at halftime. This team needs major changes on coaching, philosophy, and someone who knows how to draft offensive talent. Tired of passing on athleticism. O-line hasn't looked good all year IMO. Just pathetic

O-line has major issues. The D is overrated too. I mean, yeah its cool to get 11 sacks on Marriota, but where is the pass rush when its really needed? And cut Jimmy Smith tomorrow. He is done. They can part ways with Flacco after this season, but they wasted a first round pick on Lamar. He is NOT a starting NFL QB. And I really doubt he ever will be. He simply cannot throw.

So here we are.. 4-4 and and an angry (and talented) Steelers team coming up next!

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

O-line has major issues. The D is overrated too. I mean, yeah its cool to get 11 sacks on Marriota, but where is the pass rush when its really needed? And cut Jimmy Smith tomorrow. He is done. They can part ways with Flacco after this season, but they wasted a first round pick on Lamar. He is NOT a starting NFL QB. And I really doubt he ever will be. He simply cannot throw.

So here we are.. 4-4 and and an angry (and talented) Steelers team coming up next!

Complete agreement with everything. Smith killed himself with the off the field issues and he is hurt more often than not, so I wouldn't be hurt watching him go. This defense is an enigma. I actually never know what to expect and today was the Jekel to previous weeks Hyde. The problem on this defense is absolutely no one has a killer instinct in the secondary. NO ONE!! People used to fear our defense and going down the field on us. Now, it's too easy and it kills us every week we aren't getting pressure. 

As for our offense, we need wholesale changes with many guys needing to be replaced on the line. Brown/Stanley/Yanda are fine. Our center and LG are awful. I'm sorry. It's just so disheartening to watch most weeks. Lines collapsing in on Flacco constantly. Then Flacco himself just making bonehead mistakes forcing the ball. I'm tired of it. And sadly, I'm in total agreement on Jackson. Great athleticism, strong runner, horrible pass thrower. We're going to be stuck with him though for at least a few more years. Hopefully he can find something and turn into a Russell Wilson lite. I'll take that over what's going on right now. Oh, if I have to watch another 2+ yard loss on a pitch play, I will lose it. We are 0 for 124 since 1999 on freakin pitch plays.

I'm going to be in town next weekend. Caps game with my dad and then the plan was to go to Ravens game. I might refrain from spending that kind of money, but still watching with some friends I haven't seen in a while. 

• Like 1

Nice Redskins win today... 5-2.  Think thats the first time since 2008 we've been that good re record?  Still 1.5 games up on the Eagles... cautiously optimistic.  However, offense aka Smith really needs to get going.  Offensive line played great and so did AP, but they really need some offense through the air.  Great defense again today even though Giants did score a TD in garbage time very late in the 4th.

I'd take a flyer and see how much DeSean Jackson is worth in a possible trade with Tampa.  Probably won't happen, but rumor is DeSean wants to be traded and would be really nice to have him back on the Redskins with his explosive offensive skillset.

30 minutes ago, nj2va said:

In fact, many are rooting for a warm November -- haven't seen the data but does that support an AN snowfall for us?

Some people swear by it and can throw data up to support their claim. I really haven't looked into it myself but I can see where it might have some merit. But thinking about it right now I wouldn't be surprised if you found many of these winters they throw out there were in fact during an Nino. With a weaker northern Jet I believe Ninos favor a warmer start to the winter season and then evolve colder. Ninas on the other hand feature a strong/dominate northern stream so they quite often have a quick onset of cold. Then throw in that Ninos are typically our more prolific winters when it comes to snow and Ninas aren't this pretty much would support this belief (Warm November/AN snow). Of course this is just a guess on my part without looking back at the data.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Some people swear by it and can throw data up to support their claim. I really haven't looked into it myself but I can see where it might have some merit. But thinking about it right now I wouldn't be surprised if you found many of these winters they throw out there were in fact during an Nino. With a weaker northern Jet I believe Ninos favor a warmer start to the winter season and then evolve colder. Ninas on the other hand feature a strong/dominate northern stream so they quite often have a quick onset of cold. Then throw in that Ninos are typically our more prolific winters when it comes to snow and Ninas aren't this pretty much would support this belief (Warm November/AN snow). Of course this is just a guess on my part without looking back at the data.

Just for the heck of it, I decided to look at a (random) h5 composite anomaly for November in a year that featured a Nino for the winter months, and AN snowfall. Looks like it was pretty mild.

nov.gif.fbc578fede2fbccf716136d485356f79.gif

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic