Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter

George BM

49 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Thurmont hands down.  HGR is too far west for good action on coastals.

Only downside to Thurmont/Fdk is the valley. Coastals get wrung out with Parrs and down sloping so it can be a bit of a snow hole at times. Personally, I like the Damascus, Mt Airy, Westminster line. I worked in Mt Airy for 5 years and it was amazing how much more snow they got than my house and it was only 35 miles door to door. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'll second Sabilisville love going up there.

Anywhere at the top of rt 77 (catoctin falls area)  between Thurmont and Smithsburg is awesome for snow also. Many of times I have driven that route with rain in Thurmont and Smithsburg but there's several inches of snow at the top of 77. I believe it's over 1200ft in that area. Always atleast 5 degrees colder up there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Only downside to Thurmont/Fdk is the valley. Coastals get wrung out with Parrs and down sloping so it can be a bit of a snow hole at times. Personally, I like the Damascus, Mt Airy, Westminster line. I worked in Mt Airy for 5 years and it was amazing how much more snow they got than my house and it was only 35 miles door to door. 

Absolutely. Frederick area is not that great for snow. Ussually there's more snow to the east and west of Frederick. Frederick elevation is less than 300ft.

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I can confirm everything he just said. 

Beating the Cowboys is always nice... but that was too close.  Got lucky as Maher's 52 yard FG hit the upright as time expired -- but that was thanks to a 5 yard false start penalty that moved it back from a 47 yard FG. 

4-2 on the season and in 1st place... kinda intriguing.  Up 1.5 games on both the Eagles and the Cowboys, but Redskins have already had their bye week

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Anywhere at the top of rt 77 (catoctin falls area)  between Thurmont and Smithsburg is awesome for snow also. Many of times I have driven that route with rain in Thurmont and Smithsburg but there's several inches of snow at the top of 77. I believe it's over 1200ft in that area. Always atleast 5 degrees colder up there.

Its 1500ft plus there...once you get on the other side of Camp David and move towards Highfield/Cascade you max out at 1900ft.  I have a Lt. friend for Rockville City PD that lives in Cascade and she always sends me pics of several inches of snow when its 37 and rain in Gaithersburg at work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My girlfriend is a Ravens fan and is mad at me because I said Tucker would miss the extra point and he did. And then I said the Cowboys kicker would pull an Ali Haji-Shank and miss to the left.

I'm also walking up to the local bar and getting a mega million ticket.

Are you going to be able to get back in to the house? :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My girlfriend is a Ravens fan and is mad at me because I said Tucker would miss the extra point and he did. And then I said the Cowboys kicker would pull an Ali Haji-Shank and miss to the left.

He nearly missed that 31 yd FG earlier. I had a feeling too. Hey he was the only kicker never to miss an extra point since they made it longer. He was due. Really bad timing though lol. Reality is, Drew Brees would likely have performed more surgery on the Ravens D in OT. Jimmy Smith was putrid today.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

He nearly missed that 31 yd FG earlier. I had a feeling too. Hey he was the only kicker never to miss an extra point since they made it longer. He was due. Really bad timing though lol. Reality is, Drew Brees would likely have performed more surgery on the Ravens D in OT. Jimmy Smith was putrid today.

Apparently that's his first miss in his NFL and college career. Pretty impressive so I'll still eat Royal Farms chicken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobalt said:

Redskins blew plenty of opportunities. Glad they won, but that was such a close call. 

Should of never came down to that kick. When you have 1st and goal you've got to punch it in. Left too many points on the field. The way the defense dominated that should of been a 14 pt win. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with any win but it shouldn't of been a nail biter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Your defense has really improved and definitely won the game for you.

Two games in a row. D won it against Carolina becuase skins suck at scoring in the second half. If the last field goal was a TD it would have locked it up. Came down to a final drive key stop by the D. O needs to close games out too or it won't end well. Love the D though. Most teams that win in the playoffs don't have Swiss cheese D

12 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Thanks for jinxing the Cowboy kicker for us Redskins fans :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Maybe for the run defense.  Every week there's at least one deep downfield blown coverage play!

Skins rank 3rd in rush defense and 4th in pass defense on the season. So it has all been good. 

On a side note I was really sad to see my pepper and tomato plants all dead and wilted this morning. I really enjoyed the growing season this year. But they couldnt handle high 20's and are toast.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic