• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter

George BM

Sigh...just don't know what it's been this year...just some kind of anti-weather excitement forcefield over the I-95 corridor. Just no matter what...but the shore has done well all year. Just can't get anything in! It's been a year of blocks with just enough bad timing to make us just miss...smh Hope next year is better!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Anybody here ever been to Alaska? I am going next May for 2 weeks for my 25th anniversary. We were gonna do Bora Bora but decided if we wanted to see glaciers we better do it soon. 

I’ve been to Anchorage for work (in April - got almost 10” of snow one day), so I guess that counts. :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

For you Maryland winter weather experts, I moved from Columbia to Owings Mills in September after spending about a year and a half in Columbia. (Lived most of my life in Winchester, VA.) How does the average/median snowfall compare between Columbia and Owings Mills? Believe my elevation is about 600 feet. 

You probably will do a bit better on a long term average  based on a bit more latitude and elevation. But they’re close enough that it will more come down to storm by storm details most years.

• Like 1

Haha I love the shore! 
One of my best memories was the January blizzard chase. You're the new Mappy. Everyone's jealous of your snow and hates you 
Those are some big shoes to fill....

That January storm was amazing. I was too young to remember 96, and even 2010 had kind of faded into memory. That was just a perfect storm for us, and, no hate intended, but the fact that it only really hit us made it that much more special. Probably close to a once in a lifetime event right here at the beach. Got stuck in my parents driveway and ended up making mulled cider and pot roast, watched old movies all night. Good times.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Over 15 years on these various weather boards and this is the least excited or interested I've been about an upcoming winter.  I guess winter excitement can be like taste buds....dull with age

No, no, no! I'm 54 and still am pumped for  (whatever) winter we get. I'm more stoked that we FINALLY broke the summer pattern in mid October.

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Last year broke you. It's ok to admit it. I mean, Mitch quit wx after the catastrophe we endured. :( 

(I hope he's doing ok btw)

I've endured worse winters heck I've lived here the majority of my 52 years. I still love snow a lot it's just the everyday anticipation part has worn on me. I used to follow and track every threat...read every outlook love every phony hand drawn snow map...that part just isn't the same for me anymore.  If there is a legit threat on the doorstep I'm here...and I'll post obs like I'm getting paid to do so. 

Off to eat my bland egg white on gluten free toast sammich 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

Why can't we just admit that we are fighting against our biology? (IF we reach the conclusion that we must live with climate change indefinitely) With that said enjoy these next few years.

I wish you would fight against posting bat sh!t crazy nonsense all the time. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic