Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Banter

George BM

14 hours ago, yoda said:

Cause he's a trash player

He's played 105 games in the NHL and this is suspension #4.  Two of them are for head checks.  This is a "Clean up your act and do it now" warning, and they're also making him an example for the rest of the league.  I'll be honest, if he head checks again I bet he'll be gone for an entire season. 

The monetary hit may be more painful than missing 20 games.

15 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

He's played 105 games in the NHL and this is suspension #4.  Two of them are for head checks.  This is a "Clean up your act and do it now" warning, and they're also making him an example for the rest of the league.  I'll be honest, if he head checks again I bet he'll be gone for an entire season. 

The monetary hit may be more painful than missing 20 games.

Correct.  Wilson, I admit, can be a good power 6 forward when he plays the correct way. We saw this late last season and into the playoffs -- he has the skill set to be a good offensive player and can play defense as well. 

I found the Caps players who were "angry" at the length of Wilson's suspension laughable.  If it had been Kuzy or Backstrom crushed like that, they would have been calling for a long suspension  

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Correct.  Wilson, I admit, can be a good power 6 forward when he plays the correct way. We saw this late last season and into the playoffs -- he has the skill set to be a good offensive player and can play defense as well. 

I found the Caps players who were "angry" at the length of Wilson's suspension laughable.  If it had been Kuzy or Backstrom crushed like that, they would have been calling for a long suspension  

I totally disagree with 20 games. 

Heck, Dale Hunter got 20 games for this one.  And he did have a history of violence in the league going into the game.  

And Brian Campbell was praised for a clean hit on this one, which I certainly don't agree.  No suspension and i'm not sure if he even got a penalty for this. lol

1 hour ago, ravensrule said:

I actually respect him. Great hockey player. I don't enjoy watching him win, but i think he is a hell of a hockey player. 

Fair... I feel the same way about Ovie... I hate him... but his skills are legendary and he's been one of the best hockey players in the league for at least the past few years

1 hour ago, tplbge said:

I totally disagree with 20 games. 

Heck, Dale Hunter got 20 games for this one.  And he did have a history of violence in the league going into the game.  

And Brian Campbell was praised for a clean hit on this one, which I certainly don't agree.  No suspension and i'm not sure if he even got a penalty for this. lol

You can’t equate the penalties and/or suspensions given diring the time Dale Hunter was spearing and cross-checking his opponents with the way the game is officiated today. That’s foolish...to put it lightly.

As for the hit on Umberger, if it was deemed a legal hit in open ice, then I do t see how you can use that as an example either.

Do you feel like Wilson is being victimized or something?

19 minutes ago, mattie g said:

You can’t equate the penalties and/or suspensions given diring the time Dale Hunter was spearing and cross-checking his opponents with the way the game is officiated today. That’s foolish...to put it lightly.

As for the hit on Umberger, if it was deemed a legal hit in open ice, then I do t see how you can use that as an example either.

Why can't I equate, Mr. know it all NHL commisioner?  I'm just comparing 20 game suspensions.  Show me another recent 20 game suspension that we can compare this with.  Slow it down on the Umberger hit.  Don't even think of going the biased route and I was rooting for Buffalo to win that game. It was a clear shot to the head of Umberger.   You think that Tom Wilson's intention to injure was greater than Campbell's?

27 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Wilson needs to change how he hits or the next time he wil be out the entire season. Wilson is the type of player that you love him when he is on your team and hate em  when you have to play against him. I love what he brings he just needs to take it down a notch. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tplbge said:

Why can't I equate, Mr. know it all NHL commisioner?  I'm just comparing 20 game suspensions.  Show me another recent 20 game suspension that we can compare this with.  Slow it down on the Umberger hit.  Don't even think of going the biased route and I was rooting for Buffalo to win that game. It was a clear shot to the head of Umberger.   You think that Tom Wilson's intention to injure was greater than Campbell's?

I agree with @mattie g, and I've been watching hockey for 4 decades.  The way the game is being called has changed.  You can argue all you want about previous hits, but these days the head hits are going to get you in trouble.  And Wilson has a track record.  Simple as that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tplbge said:

I'm a Caps fan and think that Dale Hunter's suspension was legit.  Does Wilson belong in this category?  I think 10 to maybe 15 games would have been sufficient.

As I said before, they're sending him and the entire league a message.  Behave.

19 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

As I said before, they're sending him and the entire league a message.  Behave.

I agree.  Orpik has been getting away with this stuff for years.  He only got 3 games for a similar type of hit.  Just 2 minutes for interference on this one. lol

2 hours ago, tplbge said:

You have provided a compelling argument. I concede to the person who does not know it all.

The Ravens lose with 2 seconds left in OT courtesy of a 37-yard field goal that barely cleared the crossbar (and it wasn't deflected).  The Browns' kicker had a 69% FG accuracy rate at Florida Atlantic and had missed an extra point earlier in this game.

If the FG wasn't good it would have been the 3rd or 4th tie so far this season.  The NFL may want to consider doing something about that.

9 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

The Ravens lose with 2 seconds left in OT courtesy of a 37-yard field goal that barely cleared the crossbar (and it wasn't deflected).  The Browns' kicker had a 69% FG accuracy rate at Florida Atlantic and had missed an extra point earlier in this game.

If the FG wasn't good it would have been the 3rd or 4th tie so far this season.  The NFL may want to consider doing something about that.

Can you believe that last kick was good? lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic