SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Banter

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Begone with you!

One of the most disgusting beers I’ve ever had was a coffee IPA. Some things should just never be attempted. Combining coffee and IPA is one of them.

Have tried a couple of stouts with coffee and actually enjoy them. Not so sure I could get into an IPA with coffee though.

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@showmethesnow I saw your post and just wanted to say...this region cannot afford another backloaded winter. 

The reaper is going to be reaping souls early this year. Oh wait.... last I heard he was going to be MIA. What a slack a**. :devilsmiley:

Been too busy here to really look into things for this up coming winter so I really have no thoughts on what to possibly expect.  Cansips, though not what I would call spectacular, would be acceptable in my book. 

10 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Have tried a couple of stouts with coffee and actually enjoy them. Not so sure I could get into an IPA with coffee though.

8 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Love coffee stouts. Perfect marriage. Coffee in a IPA is just wrong.

I’m actually not that big into coffee stouts because I find that too many of them are overdone. With the right restraint and balanced by other flavors/aromas, they can be very good, but too many breweries can’t find that balance.

Missed the deadline for entering the first freeze contest, would expect them all to go on the same night in late October or the first few days of November with a large arctic outbreak that might be the first of many this winter. The warmth of recent weeks will likely persist until that happens though. The central Canadian arctic has had a very cool summer and ice is spreading south at a faster rate than usual, also many locations in Alberta have had more snow in September than at any point in their past century of records. As long as this does not lead to a mid-continent trough, it should be a good sign for the winter to come. 

11 hours ago, mattie g said:

I’m actually not that big into coffee stouts because I find that too many of them are overdone. With the right restraint and balanced by other flavors/aromas, they can be very good, but too many breweries can’t find that balance.

They can be, but I have found plenty that are really good. Of course I love stouts, and I love coffee, lol.

If you haven't tried Terrapin Coffee Oatmeal Imperial stout, give that a go. I really like it.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

They can be, but I have found plenty that are really good. Of course I love stouts, and I love coffee, lol.

If you haven't tried Terrapin Coffee Oatmeal Imperial stout, give that a go. I really like it.

You talked me into it. Just used their beer finder and they have a distributor just down the road. Will probably head down later today and pick some up for our camping trip this weekend.

• Like 2

Buda TX's average high temperature FINALLY fell below 90 degrees about 10 days ago. It is 86 now. I really envy all of you in northern VA. I really do. The normal high/low in  the Dale City region is generally 73/53.

Its 86/75 here in Buda TX.

Ugh. It may be like this ALL MONTH.

Rooting for the Rockies for more October baseball in Denver! :snowman:

Models start to show increasing variability into next week with the
intensity and placement of the upper trough. With that being said,
multiple models are trending to a more active and cooler pattern
into next week that could bring snow to the lower foothills by late
Monday and highs getting into the 50s for the plains.

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_20.png

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic