• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

The amount of Kev haters in this thread is LOL. Good lord ..it’s a weather board. Find something productive to do with lives if you get so hot and bothered over weather posts. I mean seriously .. It’s the same 5 or 6. Posting and then liking or laughing at each other’s posts ..like 5-6 guys in a sauna with robes on ... peeking up each other’s robes . I see yours.. see mine 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Someone should have long ago given him a timeout.

2 minutes ago, BRSno said:

Where's his weenie tag? :weenie:

If that's the case then 75% of this forum would require the ban hammer and/or weenie tag come mid winter... especially when the season is not acting in proper seasonal form.

8 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The amount of Kev haters in this thread is LOL. Good lord ..it’s a weather board. Find something productive to do with lives if you get so hot and bothered over weather posts. I mean seriously .. It’s the same 5 or 6. Posting and then liking or laughing at each other’s posts ..like 5-6 guys in a sauna with robes on ... peeking up each other’s robes . I see yours.. see mine 

LOL. ASATT?  All Shriveled All The Time. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Circle of Trust?

You long-time posters treat this forum like it's your little comedy open-mic night, with only some members regularly posting good information or responding to questions or guiding rather than patronizing. 

The reason silly questions are asked a lot is because they're not being answered fundamentally in the thread of convo that should be happening!

1 minute ago, LurkerBoy said:

You long-time posters treat this forum like it's your little comedy open-mic night, with only some members regularly posting good information or responding to questions or guiding rather than patronizing. 

The reason silly questions are asked a lot is because they're not being answered fundamentally in the thread of convo that should be happening!

I respond to questions ask, and always try to post good info where applicable. I also don't bleed oil and like to have some fun. Sorry you're offended. Most people on here know each other and are just having some fun. Lighten up Francis,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I respond to questions ask, and always try to post good info where applicable. I also don't bleed oil and like to have some fun. Sorry you're offended. Most people on here know each other and are just having some fun. Lighten up Francis,

Fine. Here's to a short fall and a long winter.  

image.png

10 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well, actually, some may not find this imagery unappealing. Some might even dispense with the robes.

But, seriously, the fun is being had over the hyperbole. If we are going to take you seriously (and you have had some excellent hits in the past), you might want to drop the "torch" references, "endless summer", and "seasons in seasons". It takes away from the seriousness of the discussion. But it also makes it a bit of fun. Don't take it to heart. Really. 

If November and December are outrageously warm, I'll do some hyperventilating of my own. Perhaps it would be better to create banter pages for this sort  of thing and be a bit stricter about keeping serious meteorology pages more "scientific".

Its not you, bud, its the choice of words. Seasons in seasons here means wide variations from year to year, particularly when it comes to temperatures in the colder season(s). My dream world would have February 2015 as the model for the entire period from Nov 15 to March 15. Summers would be warm with dewpoints in the low 40's and just enough rain to keep us from burning up California style. I don't know of many places on this planet where that happens.  Anyhow, chill a bit. If anyone is actually responding to you in anger or contempt they've got a simple set of non meteorological abbreviations: AW/AH. 

10 hours ago, kdxken said:

FYI for all the beer drinkers it's a good time.  And oh yeah, Tree House is waaaay overrated.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-fermentational-tickets-48108602124?aff=erelexpmlt

I'm not a big beer fan, but I go to brew woo in Worcester with my friends in the Spring and it's a pretty good time.  Real good atmosphere. 
Looks like they have a Fall version too:
https://brewwoo.com/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Well, actually, some may not find this imagery unappealing. Some might even dispense with the robes.

But, seriously, the fun is being had over the hyperbole. If we are going to take you seriously (and you have had some excellent hits in the past), you might want to drop the "torch" references, "endless summer", and "seasons in seasons". It takes away from the seriousness of the discussion. But it also makes it a bit of fun. Don't take it to heart. Really. 

If November and December are outrageously warm, I'll do some hyperventilating of my own. Perhaps it would be better to create banter pages for this sort  of thing and be a bit stricter about keeping serious meteorology pages more "scientific".

Its not you, bud, its the choice of words. Seasons in seasons here means wide variations from year to year, particularly when it comes to temperatures in the colder season(s). My dream world would have February 2015 as the model for the entire period from Nov 15 to March 15. Summers would be warm with dewpoints in the low 40's and just enough rain to keep us from burning up California style. I don't know of many places on this planet where that happens.  Anyhow, chill a bit. If anyone is actually responding to you in anger or contempt they've got a simple set of non meteorological abbreviations: AW/AH. 

Kind of like this one with "Banter" in the title, which coincidentally is where most of the hype, endless summer, and endless winter references are made?

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Kind of like this one with "Banter" in the title, which coincidentally is where most of the hype, endless summer, and endless winter references are made?

Yup, kinda like that. Except we could call it (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, etc) Pattern Banter. That covers everything. Kinda like the National Enquirer, a rare piece that is actual journalism mixed with space aliens and monkey women bearing human children. Which is exactly what we're doing here, I guess. 

Kev, how about changing the thread to read, "Torchtober Model and Pattern Disco Banter"? 

20 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Yup, kinda like that. Except we could call it (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, etc) Pattern Banter. That covers everything. Kinda like the National Enquirer, a rare piece that is actual journalism mixed with space aliens and monkey women bearing human children. Which is exactly what we're doing here, I guess. 

Kev, how about changing the thread to read, "Torchtober Model and Pattern Disco Banter"? 

We need more of this.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

It’s summer to fall talk, only so much torch vs coc debate folks can have. Once the frost settles in the morning and trees become bare like Kevin’s visions of men in a sauna....we get serious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LurkerBoy said:

???
How did the circle of trust comment make this your response?

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

I love how the picture of one of the sets of snow tires I'm selling is in the screen shot. 

Both sets are still available, btw.  $100/set

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Anyone still wondering why I go into hibernation on a seasonal basis needs to peruse the last page + of this thread.

Some don't have a life outside this board it seems, Summer weather is quite boring outside of some severe on occasions that we see little of, Fall and winter weather is where it is at and even into spring for myself anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Some don't have a life outside this board it seems, Summer weather is quite boring outside of some severe on occasions that we see little of, Fall and winter weather is where it is at and even into spring for myself anyways.

Some here like snow. Some here like weather.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The contingent of folks who pi$$ and moan about Kev incessantly are far more inimical to the welfare of the forum than he ever will be.

I visit way the board much less often than I used to simply because it's the same tiresome banter of hyperbolic posts, usually generated by DIT.  It's like listening to siblings bicker incessantly.   At some point, you leave the room.   My absence isn't a problem for the community as I rarely contribute beyond posting rain/snow totals, but perhaps there are members who visit less frequently, too, and that might mean a drop in ad revenue that helps keep the site running.

• Like 2