Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pump the brakes son. We’re only laughing at your suggestion that NNE needs their AC in October. 

Columbus day is the annual uninstall, No reason to delay the date, And just for the record, Because some here think they know everyone's climo, The first frost was 5 days earlier of the climo avg for some areas in NNE.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Columbus day is the annual uninstall, No reason to delay the date, And just for the record, Because some here think they know everyone's climo, The first frost was 5 days earlier of the climo avg for some areas in NNE.

Mine is still in the window:ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nobody should break the smallest sweat in their own crib...no matter how big and hairy.

Some people see it as a badge of honor..perhaps like a "my weenie is bigger than yours" type thing if you can be without it. I don't care if I lived in Nicaragua or Nunavut...if the dews are high, we A/C.

20 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Mine is still in the window:ph34r:

I don't know how you are doing that.

My heat is on again for a second day in a row.

It's 48F and +RN.

It's so raw outside...feels like it might as well be 30F.  Funny as 48F and rain in March would have me thinking its humid out.

Just now, powderfreak said:

48F and +RN. 

It's so raw outside...feels like it might as well be 30F.  Funny as 48F and rain in March would have me thinking its humid out.

I fought not to turn on the heat but lost out to the wife, Not very pleasant in the house watching TV when its 60F.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Some people see it as a badge of honor..perhaps like a "my weenie is bigger than yours" type thing if you can be without it. I don't care if I lived in Nicaragua or Nunavut...if the dews are high, we A/C.

It's an acclimation thing (and a cheap bastid thing, too, in my case) - dews under 70 are NBD now.  Fan in the window is all I need.

49 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I don't think I'm on the ACCATT club... but I'll defer to the Jester at Mt Tolland for that...  just mentioning this may get me in that club.  My first frost was the 31F on September 9th... very early scraping of the car windshield.  I'll have to look up the climo on that one but it was real early to get that low.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don't think I'm on the ACCATT club... but I'll defer to the Jester at Mt Tolland for that...  just mentioning this may get me in that club.  My first frost was the 31F on September 9th... very early scraping of the car windshield.  I'll have to look up the climo on that one but it was real early to get that low.

Trust me you're one of the founding fore fathers................ :lol:, How would that be even possible in a endless summer of yore?

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it largely depends on where you live, obviously, but I think evening and nighttime sleeping temps are where it really matters in terms of comfort. 

Some may call radiational cooling fake cold or whatever, but the temperature is real and it cools off nicely at night.   I only used my AC about 5-6 times this summer and never for more than 6-8 hours at a time.  With that said, I normally only use it 1-3 times a summer and have gone entire summer's without it, so it was used probably twice as much despite being a very small number.

This is when fake cold becomes real cold...I think if many on this board saw rapid 10-20F temp drops around sunset and just overall much more comfortable nighttime temps they could understand the lack of use in the mountain valleys.  It's not really a badge of honor, just honestly isn't really necessary the vast majority of the time even in a hot summer. 

Just now, dryslot said:

Trust me you're one of the founding fore fathers................ :lol:, How would that be even possible in a endless summer of yore?

Ha to be fair though, I haven't seen a frost since.  Could be a month between frosts.

It has been a hot and humid summer, most humid I can remember up here.  70F dews were weekly when I feel like we went entire summers recently without getting higher than a 69F dew.  For the all extreme all the time, it's something to talk about for sure. 

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha to be fair though, I haven't seen a frost since.  Could be a month between frosts.

It has been a hot and humid summer, most humid I can remember up here.  70F dews were weekly when I feel like we went entire summers recently without getting higher than a 69F dew.  For the all extreme all the time, it's something to talk about for sure. 

Well, We have had two frost and close to few others but managed to stay in the heavy dew category staying either side of 40F, It was a warm summer, Which i'm glad to see has gone, And getting some warm days in fall, Indian summer like is very common, So i think some have been sampling their harvest on here when they talk like its endless.

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

One more thing I just looked up... is that the 31F at MVL on September 9th is a new 30-year extreme.  The previous earliest 32F temperature was September 11th, 1995.

I remember discussing with snowman21 the 26F temp that morning at SLK and it fell very near the end of the 10th percentile, showing it was a very rare occurrence for it to be that cold, even at a spot like SLK.

Funny how that stuff happens sometimes in a sea of very warm anomalies.  Had that one morning of prime rad conditions not happened, we'd be really getting towards the end of the whiskers, ha.

cvt_fa.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

One more thing I just looked up... is that the 31F at MVL on September 9th is a new 30-year extreme.  The previous earliest 32F temperature was September 11th, 1995.

I remember discussing with snowman21 the 26F temp that morning at SLK and it fell very near the end of the 10th percentile, showing it was a very rare occurrence for it to be that cold, even at a spot like SLK.

cvt_fa.png

That's a bit surprising, Northern Maine had some extremes with low in the teens in that time frame, But i don't know if they were records or not without looking.

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Well, We have had two frost and close to few others but managed to stay in the heavy dew category staying either side of 40F, It was a warm summer, Which i'm glad to see has gone, And getting some warm days in fall, Indian summer like is very common, So i think some have been sampling their harvest on here when they talk like its endless.

Good Post.  I agree completely...love the indian summer type thing.  

Same old BS from the same person/peeps....what's laughable is how they call people out (ACATT), who disagree with the Hype they push....if that aint the Pot calling the kettle Black lol.   We've no doubt turned the corner on the hot season...there will be some more warmth, but nothing like we had, and it sure hasn't been endless like you pointed out the last 3 plus weeks.  

Last week He/they were calling for the "Beastly Heat and dews"(His words) this week....well that did not verify lol, so it's on to next week now.

It's fine to talk about the warmth, but to hype it like it's some crazy thing that's never happened before, or tweets from METS around the web about upcoming warmth being the hottest in a generation is just BS/Hype. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That's a bit surprising, Northern Maine had some extremes with low in the teens in that time frame, But i don't know if they were records or not without looking.

Yeah I don't know much about the Northern Maine climate but it makes sense they'd be much further ahead this time of year when things seem much more latitude driven.  I mean folks think I'm far north and I may be one county south of Canada... but the difference between northern Maine and here is the same difference between say me and CON or even south of there.  Northern Maine is just so far up there, haha.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah I don't know much about the Northern Maine climate but it makes sense they'd be much further ahead this time of year when things seem much more latitude driven.  I mean folks think I'm far north and I may be one county south of Canada... but the difference between northern Maine and here is the same difference between say me and CON or even south of there.  Northern Maine is just so far up there, haha.

Yes it is pretty far, Its above 45N.........lol

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Good Post.  I agree completely...love the indian summer type thing. 

Same old BS from the same person/peeps....what's laughable is how they call people out (ACATT), who disagree with the Hype they push....if that aint the Pot calling the kettle Black lol.   We've no doubt turned the corner on the hot season...there will be some more warmth, but nothing like we had, and it sure hasn't been endless like you pointed out the last 3 plus weeks. 

He sure knows how to get to you, that's for sure. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He sure knows how to get to you, that's for sure. :lol: 

Freak he doesn't get me at all....it's just such nonsense BS that he throws out there...it has to be called out and commented on.  People come here to get accurate info...and when you see posts that just aren't true; or calls of weather a week out that you know won't verify, a comment from others who aren't pushing BS is warranted.  That's it.

Plenty today have commented on the Hype...I just elaborated on their thoughts.  

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yes it is pretty far, Its above 45N.........lol

Yes for sure...it's a whole other climate from even Northern New England.  It's a real cool place though(no pun intended lol)

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes for sure...it's a whole other climate from even Northern New England.  It's a real cool place though(no pun intended lol)

I really like the area for riding, Lots of open area to the east to rack up the mileage, I do most of my riding in the NW parts as you get the best of both worlds with the higher elevation.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nobody should break the smallest sweat in their own crib...no matter how big and hairy.

I agree.

I just happen to live in a super insulated, tight apartment, with a ceiling fan above my head. As long as windows and doors were shut I was only slightly uncomfortable at times. I just never felt the need to drag-ass up to my house to grab a window unit. ...This coming from a guy who hates, HATES, HATES, HATES!!! humidity and high heat. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Funny how that stuff happens sometimes in a sea of very warm anomalies.  Had that one morning of prime rad conditions not happened, we'd be really getting towards the end of the whiskers, ha.

Definite days of yore topic that will be discussed at length over growlers of homemade mead, and corn cob pipes while sitting in ye olde' pub 'n' grub for generations to come.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It's 48F and +RN.

It’s easy, I’m in San Diego for the week :lol:  My wife may take issue when I get home Friday pm.