• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Damage In Tolland

Coldtober model and pattern disco

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Impressive transitory character to this new pattern ...

On the rough it's like...  65 today; 40 if we're lucky tomorrow;  60 Friday/Sat;  40 Sunday ...  

up down up down...

The northern stream tends to relax in the longer term, at which point the thickness tapestry from the NP-Lakes -OV ..NE has shed some 10 to 15 dm and no means to recover ... leaving a much more Novembery look - this whole period symbolically was a rasp to erode the last vestiges of the warm season... 

1 hour ago, LurkerBoy said:

HOW LONG WILL THE WARMUP BE???? haha jk. I'm loving this Fall all of a sudden. I have a feeling we experience a frontloaded winter with most of the fun ending by mid-Jan, which to me is ideal. Let's see! Thanks for tolerating my emotional greenness, everyone!

Winter will start Dec 21 and end Mar 20....don’t you worry little boy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

It was in January....within a few days of New Years.

Oh then I don't remember that one???   I thought he was talking about the one that came in from the East Northeast in Feb, where most in New England had rain and NYC had two feet, as well as other places in the Mid Atlantic, which was part of the Snowmageddon deal that year. 

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh then I don't remember that one???   I thought he was talking about the one that came in from the East Northeast in Feb, where most in New England had rain and NYC had two feet, as well as other places in the Mid Atlantic, which was part of the Snowmageddon deal that year. 

Not sure how much CT was affected by the New Years event.  May not have made it that far south and west.

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Not sure how much CT was affected by the New Years event.  May not have made it that far south and west.

Yeah we snowed in NE CT. It’s a good spot. Far enough north and east to rarely miss snows from an Eastern New England event . Just not a jack 

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Ok now that I think back....I do remember it somewhat.  Some light snow but nothing all that impressive in my area.  Obviously like you said, the more Northeast you were the greater the effect with that one.  Thanks Jerry for the info. 

3 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

HOW LONG WILL THE WARMUP BE???? haha jk. I'm loving this Fall all of a sudden. I have a feeling we experience a frontloaded winter with most of the fun ending by mid-Jan, which to me is ideal. Let's see! Thanks for tolerating my emotional greenness, everyone!

Probably awhile considering temps even in November average mid 50s. Slow your role son.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

It was in January....within a few days of New Years.

Between 01/01/10 - 01/20/10 we had 27.30" of snow, From there on, We finished with an additional 8.50" up until 04/17/10, So technically, It was over after 01/20 that season.

19 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Euro crushes new england at 240

No weenie snow map posted by you? 

Anyway, 1 to 2 feet of snow in NE NY, VT, C into N NH, and NW ME... some decent snow accumulations reach into MA as well... ofc, if you take the map seriously :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, ineedsnow said:

12z FV3 GFS was fun that's a heck of a storm for us..

Big storm is quite possible with the pattern depicted.

That would be perfect on the Euro, Opening day for rifle Deer season, I had been told by several that i was going to be hunting in Jorts this year................:lol: