Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, #NoPoles said:

What up! My sister got me a good weather station from BJs for christmas. Very affordable. I mounted it on my porch railing. Im obsessed with tracking dewpoint and precip. My sister has the same station and lives maybe 2mi away as the crow flies, so im always stalking her to compare precip. It has an anemometer, but i wasnt about to try to mount it to my roof. My sister mounted hers off her pool fence. It is decent height above the ground, but neither of us can get anything much over 15mph, and she lives near the ocean.

Oh that's awesome. The girls are 6 and 7, it would take them a few years to get me one, lol. I've looked at some cheaper ones, the ones that use wifi, do they save the data on your computer? What is the best place to mount one? I'm on a hill in the city, but my whole backyard is surrounded by oaks, so nothing west-wind wise would probably be read anyways. Is a shed tall enough though? My oldest would probably geek out with me, she loves storms too. 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys should feel free to post and ask questions. Nobody should hold back. It's a weather forum. 

You do a great job of answering most questions from the posters that don't have 20-30K+ posts. Of course you give some sarcastic ribbing as well, but it doesn't have to be ASATT (All science all the time) I mean I think you answered everyone of 512high's snowplowing questions the last 2 winters in the middle of storm threads..lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Terrible, I admit it. New house with tons of indoor and outdoor projects, a toddler, another on the way, and the awful summer we experienced here....I procrastinated. No excuses. 

I have been w/o a station for a few months and it drives me nuts!  I have a used Davis (much gratitude to MPM!) that I am sending out to get fixed and can't wait to be back in the know about my DP's and wx history. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I have been w/o a station for a few months and it drives me nuts!  I have a used Davis (much gratitude to MPM!) that I am sending out to get fixed and can't wait to be back in the know about my DP's and wx history. 

Nice. Maybe they can fix the cold bias? :scooter:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yesterday we drove from our area to the coast of Maine north of Portland.  75% plus leafed out at least the whole way.  A 3-7" heavy wet snow would cause quite a bit of damage right now.  Here is a drone shot from this afternoon over my area.  Newfound Lake on the left..  This is looking north towards Plymouth NH

Untitled.jpg

So green for this date.

47 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

You do a great job of answering most questions from the posters that don't have 20-30K+ posts. Of course you give some sarcastic ribbing as well, but it doesn't have to be ASATT (All science all the time) I mean I think you answered everyone of 512high's snowplowing questions the last 2 winters in the middle of storm threads..lol

With 30k+ posts, ASATT would really be All Scoots All The Time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluestarlight19 said:

Oh that's awesome. The girls are 6 and 7, it would take them a few years to get me one, lol. I've looked at some cheaper ones, the ones that use wifi, do they save the data on your computer? What is the best place to mount one? I'm on a hill in the city, but my whole backyard is surrounded by oaks, so nothing west-wind wise would probably be read anyways. Is a shed tall enough though? My oldest would probably geek out with me, she loves storms too. 

I just have a low key one that doesnt connect ro the internet...i think it was $80? the station sends its data to a console i have on my kitchen counter. Im obsessed with tracking dewpoint and precip. Im satisfied. @dendrite would be a good one to ask about placement. But i dont stress because mine is just for my own personal enjoyment

13 minutes ago, nzucker said:

So green for this date.

Lots of leaf drop/sticks down here and those hanging on would probably come down with any amount of wet snow. There's still some oaks hanging on in the area, but at my house they're close to dropping. Almost all of the green in that pic has to be pines. :weenie:

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Little to far to go to the county, But its on for that area too.

WWUS41 KCAR 231007 AAA
WSWCAR

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE...UPDATED
National Weather Service Caribou ME
607 AM EDT Tue Oct 23 2018

MEZ001>006-010-231815-
/O.CON.KCAR.WW.Y.0027.181024T0400Z-181025T0600Z/
Northwest Aroostook-Northeast Aroostook-Northern Somerset-
Northern Piscataquis-Northern Penobscot-Southeast Aroostook-
Central Piscataquis-
Including the cities of Allagash, Clayton Lake, Madawaska,
Fort Kent, Frenchville, Presque Isle, Caribou, Van Buren,
Mars Hill, Baker Lake, Billy-Jack Depot, Baxter St Park,
Chamberlain Lake, Churchill Dam, Mount Katahdin, Millinocket,
East Millinocket, Patten, Medway, Houlton, Hodgdon, Sherman,
Smyrna Mills, Greenville, Monson, and Blanchard
607 AM EDT Tue Oct 23 2018

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT
TONIGHT TO 2 AM EDT THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7 inches,
with localized amounts up to 10 inches expected.

* WHERE...Northwest Aroostook, Northeast Aroostook, Northern
Somerset, Northern Piscataquis, Northern Penobscot, Southeast
Aroostook and Central Piscataquis Counties.

* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 2 AM EDT Thursday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the morning commute on Wednesday. Expect
reduced visibilities at times.

10"! Nice!

2 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Ha ha, thanks. That’s just me, I like to joke and have a good time. But I don’t mind answering questions if it means people become a little bit more educated and knowledgeable on the subject. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Lots of leaf drop/sticks down here and those hanging on would probably come down with any amount of wet snow. There's still some oaks hanging on in the area, but at my house they're close to dropping. Almost all of the green in that pic has to be pines. :weenie:

We just peaked and have a lot of leaf drop too. I'd say S NH/Mass is borderline between normal and delayed foliage season. Apparently it's way overdue down south by weeks.

6 hours ago, Bluestarlight19 said:

i have the ambient weather ws-1002-wifi. does not save data on computer, but you can download it (which i don't do). it can post to wunderground, which is very handy. And it's right around $200, so it's not a budget breaker. I don't care too much about siting, just use it for my own entertainment.

tweet 1: contrary to popular defense mechanism .. I like the steady diet of coastals in october.  my experience, that tends to parlay better

tweet 2: this whole "nor'easter" is turning into much more of a waa push.  There's gradient out ahead causing and easterly fetch, but this low cuts west and we end up 10c at 850 and it's not a big deal low at all.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Maybe but slightly bn wouldn’t shock me.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Maybe but slightly bn wouldn’t shock me.

There’s a lot of pretty colors that those that don’t understand the wx thinks torch . What they miss is HP over E Canada means lots of cooler HP and sneaky backdoors