Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

2 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

Let’s get the leaves off the trees before hoping for snow. Leaves still pretty green here in the NYC metro. The Halloween storm was so impactful partly because of the leaves on the trees. And let’s not forget that that after that storm the rest of winter sucked.

If only we could redo this magic again:

• Like 1

My girlfriend was asking me about this website, because I told her one of the admins/mets essentially told me to f**k off, and she asked if there are any girls on the site. I said I've yet to see one girl on this entire forum, ever. I think it's partially because of the "boys club" attitude that is taken, and the lack of welcome that some show. It's not a warm environment and GOD FORBID someone like me, who gets emotional about weather without much of the WX IQ that others have, want to join in on the conversation. 

I will stop posting when I don't have anything to add. I will only post when I have a question that I feel is academic in nature. Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

My girlfriend was asking me about this website, because I told her one of the admins/mets essentially told me to f**k off, and she asked if there are any girls on the site. I said I've yet to see one girl on this entire forum, ever. I think it's partially because of the "boys club" attitude that is taken, and the lack of welcome that some show. It's not a warm environment and GOD FORBID someone like me, who gets emotional about weather without much of the WX IQ that others have, want to join in on the conversation. 

I will stop posting when I don't have anything to add. I will only post when I have a question that I feel is academic in nature. Thank you. 

NoPoles is a female. She posts fairly frequently. Maybe Dendrite had a rough morning, but just reel it in a bit when someone talks about warmth.  No need to melt, it will torch, has torched, and will torch again at some point in winter. 

12 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

Didn't you post that your girlfriend dumped you a few months ago? Weren't you on here soliciting females to talk to you?

Here's some advice. Stop PM'ing me and stop the charade. Someone gave you the weenie tag awhile ago and you're getting on thin ice with me. Stop playing the victim millennial card.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NoPoles is a female. She posts fairly frequently. Maybe Dendrite had a rough morning, but just reel it in a bit when someone talks about warmth.  No need to melt, it will torch, has torched, and will torch again at some point in winter. 

I had a great morning. I just have to laugh at a weenie that contributes zilch whining about your reply and whether or not its worth his time to be here when you clearly answered his question.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I had a great morning. I just have to laugh at a weenie that contributes zilch whining about your reply and whether or not its worth his time to be here when you clearly answered his question.

I egg it on sometimes, so I don't mean to contribute to lousy posting. He's just easy to get going. :lol:   I think the other one about a G-friend was the dude in VT?

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I egg it on sometimes, so I don't mean to contribute to lousy posting. He's just easy to get going. :lol:   I think the other one about a G-friend was the dude in VT?

Maybe. What's his handle? I thought that was lurkerboy too. I thought lurkerboy was previously bouncing between VT and CT before going to NYC, but I may be wrong.

edit: weatherexpert...I think they know each other though. Anyway, I'm not sure how my critique of his terrible posting keeps females from posting on the board.

The kid wants long, thought-out answers and this is how he replies to Tip. lol

On 1/14/2018 at 11:48 AM, LurkerBoy said:

Tip, you seem like a smart and pithy fellow, but honestly your posts are so superfluously dense with esoteric language and masturbatory verbosity that it edges on hieroglyphic to those more green such as I. 

Which is why I post like this n it's more fun n stuff!!! Have some fun bro! 

Anyways, looks like we'll tickle 60 a couple days perhaps with rain then go to a seasonably volatile end o' January pattern. Ya?

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If only we could redo this magic again:

It was an epic storm and as much as I loved it, I could do without the power grid going down for a month. Because of that storm, I lost one year of my PhD research, but luckily it was in the beginning of my research. Happy to report I am done with that now though. It was an awesome storm. I drove from Tuckahoe, NY to Avon, CT just as it was starting. It was incredible to literally hear the trees just imploding from the weight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its looking quite nasty, And can't rule out some frozen at the start for some, Move that track further off the coast and it gets more interesting in some of the lower elevations.

A lot will change between now and then, but it looks like it has the potential to be pretty amped. I'd be wary of that trailing energy really nuking this thing and hooking it westward a bit earlier and we get one of those bent back warmfronts aloft that go pretty far inland and a strong LLJ poking into ENE. It's way out there though, but I'm leaning more wet than white east of the mtns. We'll see.

Just now, dendrite said:

A lot will change between now and then, but it looks like it has the potential to be pretty amped. I'd be wary of that trailing energy really nuking this thing and hooking it westward a bit earlier and we get one of those bent back warmfronts aloft that go pretty far inland and a strong LLJ poking into ENE. It's way out there though, but I'm leaning more wet than white east of the mtns. We'll see.

Lot of energy it seems, Some models keep it separate, Some want to phase it which will track it more inland right thru here, Time will tell and its still pretty far out, Mtns look like the will benefit as it stands right now before we get flooded with warmer air as it wraps up and tracks more north.

33 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I had considered taking Monday off from work to hunt but have decided to stay in the office that day.

IMO, 37° RA/wind is more likely than something useful.  However, that's how the string of 95-96 coastals began in late Oct, so bring it on.  (Without the Jan torch-deluges, please.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

IMO, 37° RA/wind is more likely than something useful.  However, that's how the string of 95-96 coastals began in late Oct, so bring it on.  (Without the Jan torch-deluges, please.)

Absolutely, I don’t mind seeing these coastal, We can adjust the schedule.

3 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

It was an epic storm and as much as I loved it, I could do without the power grid going down for a month. Because of that storm, I lost one year of my PhD research, but luckily it was in the beginning of my research. Happy to report I am done with that now though. It was an awesome storm. I drove from Tuckahoe, NY to Avon, CT just as it was starting. It was incredible to literally hear the trees just imploding from the weight.

Pretty much had  fluff here