Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We are about 2.5 months away from sustained winter. I can't believe the degree of investment right now.

You mean October isn’t a winter month?   

I don’t really expect much other than rogue flakes before December.  Maybe we get lucky and get a sloppy inch or two in November...in the meantime, we get nor’easters 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

You mean October isn’t a winter month?   

I don’t really expect much other than rogue flakes before December.  Maybe we get lucky and get a sloppy inch or two in November...in the meantime, we get nor’easters 

I'm pretty convinced its going to be a slower start than last year.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think it will be above normal....hopefully not that warm, though.

2004 was interesting with the snow occurring during the holiday period followed by a very torchy period in January before the hammer dropped.   Never looked back after that similar to 2015 but obviously not as intense.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it's just the typical ebb and flow. However, I think some thought it was the start of months BN. Not so fast. Some are thinking December to be AN as well before the hammer drops in Jan. Nino Decembers can be mild, so I suppose that isn't exactly out of the box thinking. 

Heh.. perhaps you're right ... (bold) ...

It's one thing about this engagement that does impel eyes to roll from time to time.  Seems like 'crowd physics' at times, more so than then the atmospheric stuff that gets sent through the model processing...haha, like there's two model technologies:  The ECM, GFS..etc... vs the people's republic of popularity and perception. 

The 'meme of the day,' they are sometimes like a spontaneous emergent properties of an equally complex system of fractals - this is tongue in cheek, but crowd noise is disconnected from reality at times, yet equally validated ... awesome.  

I haven't been on here every day as of late so am less privy, but it's just an observation of social-media over the last 10 years.

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Your posts here have historically been one step below feces and you expect someone to give you a long answer explanation as to why models are trending toward ridging a couple of weeks away? Get over yourself dude. There's a reason why the hot dog is still under your avatar.

Image result for boy getting scolded

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

Your posts here have historically been one step below feces and you expect someone to give you a long answer explanation as to why models are trending toward ridging a couple of weeks away? Get over yourself dude. There's a reason why the hot dog is still under your avatar.

Hey Dendy pull your pants out of your A**  before you pop a blood vessel. Y’all trip on this forum forgetting it just a online site. I’d like to see y’all throw that same shade at me if you saw me on the street. Clearly the “weenie dog” avatar doesn’t mean anything other than you have been hacked clearly because I have one on my profile too when I am a weather guru and veteran to this site.  Next person to come at jonathon s gonna get silenced while the rest of us who actually care about discussing weather continue on with our chat :facepalm:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weatherexpert said:

Hey Dendy pull your pants out of your A**  before you pop a blood vessel. Y’all trip on this forum forgetting it just a online site. I’d like to see y’all throw that same shade at me if you saw me on the street. Clearly the “weenie dog” avatar doesn’t mean anything other than you have been hacked clearly because I have one on my profile too when I am a weather guru and veteran to this site.  Next person to come at jonathon s gonna get silenced while the rest of us who actually care about discussing weather continue on with our chat :facepalm:

Ah yes, this is sure to help your case.

The weather hotdog hacked your site!

1 hour ago, Weatherexpert said:

:weenie:

• Like 2