• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

Yeah Jerry...I can confirm that I cannot access any of the IWIN stuff as well. I made a post about it during the summer when the change happened. Looks like they permanently took it down. It is too bad because it was an easy one stop shop for obs ad some nws forecast discussions.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah Jerry...I can confirm that I cannot access any of the IWIN stuff as well. I made a post about it during the summer when the change happened. Looks like they permanently took it down. It is too bad because it was an easy one stop shop for obs ad some nws forecast discussions.

I will add to this though that the hard link for station obs lives on....it wasn't directly through iwin. So for example, ORH is:

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KORH.html

Just change the metar station identifier to get any other station.

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I will add to this though that the hard link for station obs lives on....it wasn't directly through iwin. So for example, ORH is:

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KORH.html

Just change the metar station identifier to get any other station.

ORH with their first freeze today unlyiy happened earlier.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

ORH with their first freeze today unlyiy happened earlier.

Yes....this is the type of airmass it takes to get ORH their first freeze (or an unlikely snow event). They will not radiate and get freezes in late September like so many of the rad spots.

They are actually almost right on target...average first freeze for ORH airport is 10/17....

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yes....this is the type of airmass it takes to get ORH their first freeze (or an unlikely snow event). They will not radiate and get freezes in late September like so many of the rad spots.

They are actually almost right on target...average first freeze for ORH airport is 10/17....

Interesting.  BOS averages 11/7 but I bet my location is 10/25 or so...should easily achieve tonight but BOS will probably be closer to their normal.

31 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Interesting.  BOS averages 11/7 but I bet my location is 10/25 or so...should easily achieve tonight but BOS will probably be closer to their normal.

Yeah BOS is really tough out in the harbor. They will probably get kind of close Monday morning...that is a serious airmass. But most likely it will be like 34F or 35F while off the water breaks into the U20s.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that's my go to spot for obs now, the mesowest pages, here's ORH:

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?table=1&banner=off&sid=Korh

BOX used to have a nice page linking to the page for all the ASOS's around the region.

I like using this map for quick at a glance data:

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/map/?&zoom=8&scroll_zoom=true&center=42.08599350447723,-72.08129882812499&basemap=OpenStreetMap&boundaries=true,false,false&obs=true&obs_type=weather&elements=temp,wind,gust&obs_popup=false&obs_density=1

You can zoom in for more sites and if you click on one you get more detail including links for up to 7 days worth of data.

Pattern's not really boring if we know where to look ... and, we are not always expecting to be served big model bombs out of convenience to our weird entertainment fixation... 

But I'd watch that 'little critter' at 108 or so hours.  It's a long shot ...repeat, long shot, but the probability is a little higher than nominal/background chances. 

As is, the impulse ripples through a marginal+ atmosphere, but that mid level wind max is cutting about 1.5 D south of the south coast.  That track is both theoretical and climate friendly for UVM max moving along the Pike... I mean, it's at least SOMEthing.

Bigger event still has tele support later on -